GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are they gonna sell out?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/04/02 at 18:34
Regular
Just wondering, is it likely that GameCubes are going to sell out on release date? Or am I just being foolish?
Fri 05/04/02 at 12:59
Regular
GpotterUK wrote:

If I can't walk
> into a store on the Saturday straight after launch and buy a Gamecube, I'll give
> each and every member of these forums £170 each.

I look forward to it :)

It may sell out on launch day, but the weeks after, another half a million units will be available, so if you can't get one on launch day, chances are you'll be able to get one the next week.
Fri 05/04/02 at 12:47
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Why do people care about it selling out? Nintendo don't want it to sell out, hence the delay in launching. They want people to be able to walk into any store at any time after launch and pick up a Gamecube. All of the pre-ordering nonsense is ridiculous. If it sells out, Nintendo have failed to deliver the goods and satisfy demand. Look what happened with the PS2.

If I can't walk into a store on the Saturday straight after launch and buy a Gamecube, I'll give each and every member of these forums £170 each.
Fri 05/04/02 at 03:41
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I dunno, Ninty have a lot of units, but remember that 500,000 is for ALL of Europe, not just the UK... it may sell out in some European contries and not others...
Fri 05/04/02 at 00:15
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I don't think they'll sell out because Nintendo are clever and have shipped loads and loads to Europe, but it would be nice.

I have one on pre-order anyway :o)
Thu 04/04/02 at 22:04
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
If it were going to sell out on release day, then most of you would have one in front of your TV right now.

The reason why Nintendo delayed the launch was to a) not repeat the fiasco in the US, releasing in right after XBox, but more importantly b) to make sure that they have got enough consoles to satisfy demand, which I reckon will be quite high given the low price point.

Even people with other consoles will look towards the Gamecube as a, "oh sod it, I might as well get one" purchase because at that price, you might as well!!!
Thu 04/04/02 at 21:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think it would be nice if it did, especially since it would then get featured on the news. You know a bit like the PS2.
Thu 04/04/02 at 21:27
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Yea. Im hoping to walk into SR stapleford and walk out with a Gamecube in my hand, without pre-ordering anything. Just like my Dreamcast. :-)
Thu 04/04/02 at 20:17
"Mimmargh!"
I hope your right because im hoping to get one on release date or a least the following weekend...
Thu 04/04/02 at 20:11
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
There is not a chance is hell that they will sell out.

This is not because the console is an excellent piece of kit with some great games, but because of the timing and demographics.

I can't remember and post-xmas console selling out... ever. Although I expect most hardcore gamers will buy one at release, most other people aren't into gaming as much as us lot here. They're not going to preorder or sit outside shops.

Not to say the console won't sell. I recon that sales will be quite high after launch- especially with the price tag and word of mouth.
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:51
Regular
"accidental superher"
BIGMAN wrote:
> Is that true about the GBA, I did n't realise that they were that popular. I got
> mine on release day and it was great !!!!

actually i find that the sell out of gba unsurprising....as it is the only dominant hand held in europe and also gba is a big leap forward from gb...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.