GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Track Of The Year"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/12/07 at 00:55
"keep a rockin'"
I was just wondering what you thought was the track of the year ?

What is it about this track that you like ?

My personal favourites have to be between...

Axwell - I Found You

Deadmau5's edit of daft punk's Harder Better Faster Stronger

As you can probably tell that they are both dance tracks And the dance music is where im at just now. i love to listen to other music like the arctic monkeys, foo fighters and justin timberlake but theres nothing better than dancing to a great beat with a kiking electro bass in my opinion.

I am no hardcore or rave lover though and have never been one as i think music that goes that fast is too fast to dance to.

Yet r'n'b is the opposite as it is too slow. A local night club which used to play alot of dance music has now been bought over by someone else and has now set in strictly R'N'B music. I would not mind a bit of R'N'B but not the whole set !
Wed 05/12/07 at 09:36
Regular
"not dead"
Maybe Skylon from Gruff Rhys' album, Candylion. Awesome.
Mon 03/12/07 at 20:32
"keep a rockin'"
very funny pb.. =D
Mon 03/12/07 at 13:33
Regular
Wombats - Lets Dance to Joy Division.
Mon 03/12/07 at 11:41
"possibly impossible"
That Top Gear test track....

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Well, this isn't in the music/TV forum, is it? :D
Sat 01/12/07 at 22:56
"keep a rockin'"
I have to say i agree with you with need for speed as it's a great track !
Sat 01/12/07 at 16:09
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Onslaught - Twisted Jesus

UK Thrasers release their first album in God-knows-how-many years, and I was geniunely surprised. A lot of modern touches, some damn good songwriting, and it's very tight lyrically as well, most of the album's dedicated to criticising the "War on Terror". Hard to pick one song, but this is six minutes of distilled anger, twisting and turning about; and the sample of a Dubya speech as the song slows down mid-way is the icing on the cake.

Saxon - Need for Speed

Quick, catchy and thoroughly energetic. So what if it's cheesy? Saxon doing what they do best; songs about bikes that make you want to literally holler along. The more hard-hitting drum work at the end of the song is a good touch too!

Black Sabbath - Shadow of the Wind

Incredibly powerful and doomy, when they played this at Wembley the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. Quite clever lyrically as well, about desperately looking for the nonexistant. Dio, Iommi, Butler and Appice can still impress.

I'm still yet to get hold of the new albums from Megadeth, Iced Earth and Blitzkrieg, so no review of anything from them yet, as I've only heard odd songs. Plus I can't be bothered with much typing!
Sat 01/12/07 at 13:55
"keep a rockin'"
Regarding bat for lashes - moon and moon...

It isn't really my type of music but good choice nin =D
Sat 01/12/07 at 02:34
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Difficult choice, there have been quite a few that i've liked this year.

Siobhan Donaghy - So You Say + Ghosts
Arctic Monkeys - 505
Bat For Lashes - Seal Jubilee + pretty much the whole Fur and Gold Album
M.Craft - Dragonfly
Rilo Kiley - The Angels Hung Around
Kate Nash - Foundations

but the winner was always going to be

Bat For Lashes - Moon and Moon
It's rare that i hear a track that will immediatly catch my attention but you cant really ignore this. Bat For Lashes are the only act around at the moment that are doing something original. Its a great sign that this was written after an exceptional debut album and it shows there's much more to come.
Sat 01/12/07 at 00:55
"keep a rockin'"
I was just wondering what you thought was the track of the year ?

What is it about this track that you like ?

My personal favourites have to be between...

Axwell - I Found You

Deadmau5's edit of daft punk's Harder Better Faster Stronger

As you can probably tell that they are both dance tracks And the dance music is where im at just now. i love to listen to other music like the arctic monkeys, foo fighters and justin timberlake but theres nothing better than dancing to a great beat with a kiking electro bass in my opinion.

I am no hardcore or rave lover though and have never been one as i think music that goes that fast is too fast to dance to.

Yet r'n'b is the opposite as it is too slow. A local night club which used to play alot of dance music has now been bought over by someone else and has now set in strictly R'N'B music. I would not mind a bit of R'N'B but not the whole set !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.