GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THIEF 3 - ANY NEWS?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Thief 3 : Deadly Shadows'.
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:21
Regular
Does anyone know ANYTHING about thief 3? Release dates, the developers, anything! Im not even 100% its going to be released! HELP!
Mon 14/10/02 at 15:46
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I been anticipating the release and it was rumoured to be THIS autumn, im devestated I have to wait another year and a bit! It will be worth it with the DE2 engine though, looking glass was abit rough around the edges and the characters faces 'in-game' even on high detail were far from brilliant. The gameplay was what made thief the excellent game it was but the DE2 engine behind it will finally allow it to compete with the bigger games, something I always thought it deserved.
Mon 14/10/02 at 11:35
Regular
I beleive it's being made by Ion Storm, although I may have got that mixed up with something else.

I think it's called "Thief 3: Constantine's Sword" which is a bit odd because you steal Constantine's sword in the first game, and aside from not giving your position away in the dark theres nothing special about it.

Release is said to be christmas 2003.
Mon 14/10/02 at 09:25
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
cipro wrote:
> I also think you
> play as a different character this time around, as apposed to Garret
> from the last two.

Wow! really? ... This is all new stuff to me...

I remember reading quite a bit about the plans to make another Thief game after Deus Ex2, but this was all around the time of the original Deus-Ex release... Afterwhich I was told that the PS2 version of Deus Ex would take presidence over the development ofDeus Ex2 or Thief3... From there, I'd heard absolutly nothing (though to be fair, I stopped looking after that :) ) ... Any info you have is always good to hear! :)
Sun 13/10/02 at 21:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> Thief3 & DE2 are being developed on the UT2003 engine!? ... Wow!
> They'll look amazing!.... Do you know, is Specter is behind them both
> or has he pushed off to other projects? Have you heard anything about
> the 'Thief' game set in modern environment?

I'm not exactly sure on the details, it's just something I read in PC gamer a while ago when they where preveiwing DE2. From a few web-sites I've looked on, the first three levels are supposedly near completion and look amazing with the new Unreal engine running. I also think you play as a different character this time around, as apposed to Garret from the last two.

I'd like myself to see some more info on the game, I thought the origanals where great and I still play them every now and again.
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:49
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO DID THE MUSIC FOR THIEF THE DARK PROJECT! PLEASE!
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> I suppose theres only so many ex-Looking-Glass employees to be had?

When they said they werent going to develop thief 3 I bought them out and put them into a big stew. That showed them good.

OOOW My stomach
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
gerrid wrote:
> I think it's past tense, much like the other games. I also think that
> Specter is concentrating on DE2, and leaving Thief 3 for later.

Good!... Get a chance to enjoy DE2 fully while I await Thief3!...

I suppose theres only so many ex-Looking-Glass employees to be had?
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:39
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
thief is the best game EVER, there is no contest! I remember when thief 2 was going to have an "online co-operative mission" feature. Shame it never worked out! Still its fantastic!

Anyone know the bands that did the music? or anyone else like it?
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think it's past tense, much like the other games. I also think that Specter is concentrating on DE2, and leaving Thief 3 for later.
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
cipro wrote:
> It's bewing devloped by the same game developer who are making Deus Ex
> 2 and will have the same graphics engine, the UT2003 engine to be
> precise. I don't know about a release date, but I don't think we'll be
> seeing it until later next year, could even be longer.

Thief3 & DE2 are being developed on the UT2003 engine!? ... Wow! They'll look amazing!.... Do you know, is Specter is behind them both or has he pushed off to other projects? Have you heard anything about the 'Thief' game set in modern environment?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.