GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The PlayBoxTendo"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/12/07 at 00:36
"keep a rockin'"
Could you imagine if microsoft sony and nintendo came together and made a super console putting all there ideas together to make the ultimate experience. its probably one of the most unlikely things to happen but hey what if they did.

i soppose the main issue about selling it would be the price. For example loads of people were wanting a ps3 when it came out but then when they heard the price they thought well maybe its a bit to much for my standards.

And would anybody really be that interested in it? Hey it might be the best console but ive already got a console and im fine with that thank you very much, could be a response from many people.

Could you imagine having backwards compatibilty for the ps3, ps2, 360, wii, gamecube, and the rest of the companys consoles ? Yet do you think it would be possible ?

i was just thinking about it and thought i would share... =D
Mon 03/12/07 at 01:15
Regular
This is a challenge...
Sun 02/12/07 at 19:31
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Is what a challenge?
Sun 02/12/07 at 18:27
Regular
"Mooching around"
Is that a challenge? :P
Sat 01/12/07 at 23:10
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Chaos wrote:
> Why can't some computer genius create some hardware that could
> emulate all the consoles games.

Because emulation inherently carries an overhead. In emulation all you're doing is making software perform tasks that ordinarily hardware would do. Naturally software is much slower and the only way to compensate is for the platform running the emulation to be much faster than the original hardware its emulating. Hence why modern machines can emulate old (slower) hardware such as the megadrive/n64 etc.
If you wanted to build something that would emulate modern platforms the cost would be so prohibitive there would simply be no point.
Sat 01/12/07 at 23:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Chaos wrote:
> Why can't some computer genius create some hardware that could
> emulate all the consoles games.
>
> Bar the Wii, this seems quite possible to me, I mean you can
> (although it's a bit shady and frowned upon) emulate older
> titles from the early 90s onto your computer or even onto your
> PSP!

It's possible but essentially you'd need to do what's done on PC's with multuple operating systems and split a fairly big drive into 3. The cost would be big and you couldnt sell it because you'd have 3 of the worlds biggest corporations all suing you at the same time. Someone (rich) geek has probably tried it but who wants to buy all 3 consoles and then take them apart?
Sat 01/12/07 at 22:34
"keep a rockin'"
I suppose it could be possible but do really think any computer genius would be willing to spend alot of money and time to do it ?
Sat 01/12/07 at 18:58
Regular
"Mooching around"
Why can't some computer genius create some hardware that could emulate all the consoles games.

Bar the Wii, this seems quite possible to me, I mean you can (although it's a bit shady and frowned upon) emulate older titles from the early 90s onto your computer or even onto your PSP!
Sat 01/12/07 at 18:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
indeed, and also meant that Square took the Final Fantasy series over to the Playstation which ended up selling just a bit
Sat 01/12/07 at 17:02
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Silky Dj wrote:
> oh really ? never really heard about that but i think it would
> have been pretty neat.

Yeah the Playstation was developed by Sony as either an add-on or a standalone console for Nintendo. Nintendo wanted to use cartridges, Sony werent happy because of the limitations and wanted CD's so they took their machine and did it themselves. As mistakes go that was a fairly big one by Nintendo because it introduced the Playstation as a rival. I'm betting Sega werent too happy either as it pretty much killed their console business.
Sat 01/12/07 at 16:54
Regular
Back in the 16-bit era, we could have been blessed with Genitendolia...

(Genesis + Nintendo for those who think the Playstation was the first games console...)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.