GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare are amazing!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/04/02 at 15:16
Regular
Rare is going to be THE developer this generation. I don't know about you guys, but Rare has been my favorite developer even since the SNES days. I could never stop playing all three DKCs (DKC3 was my favorite), Killer Instinct or Ken Griffey Jr's Winning Run. Life was bliss with my Super Nintendo. And with the N64, Rare delivered even more. With new franchises such as Banjo-Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Perfect Dark, Rareware never failed to release quality games. Along with remakes of Donkey Kong and Killer Instinct, Rare also created Goldeneye and Diddy Kong Racing.

If you loved Rare before, you're going to be absolutely orgasmic with the Gamecube.

Why? Rare has every single base covered, atleast in my book. In my eyes, Rare has become the most diverse developer in the videogames industry. With remakes of Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong, we can be sure that platforming will reign supreme with those wacky brits. Although almost all of us felt that Rare's platformers focused too much on collecting, hopefully Rare will change this. But either way I'm still going to love the platformers they bring out.

So, platforming is taken care of. Fighting games are next. Although absolutely NOTHING about a Killer Instinct sequel has been announced, I do remember that a very long time ago, Rareware representatives commented that there is a good possibility we'll see KI on Gamecube. Killer Instinct is among the list of my many favorite fighting games. The original was awesome, and the N64 incarnation of the series had its fair share of good gameplay too. I really liked the button-combo system, although tedious at times.

Racing! Rare is coming up with Donkey Kong Racing for Gamecube, a title we know nothing about yet. HOWEVER, I love the way Diddy Kong Pilot for GBA is going. The title will feature the same tilt-n-tumble gameplay from the Kirby Tilt-N-Tumble game. Along with other GBA tidbits is Metroid! Rareware is going to develop the classic-style 2D Metroid that some of you have been waiting for since the SNES. Although I think Metroid Prime is heading into a great direction, I still think playing a brand-new Metroid game with classic 2D graphics will be enjoyable.

Next is my most anticipated game of all time, Perfect Dark 0. This first-person shooter has so many possibilities it is freaking unbelievable. This is one of the many Rareware games with next to zero information about itself, but a level editor and online play are basicallly already given,(considering even TimeSplitters had a level editor), and absolutely kick-ass additions.

Rare is bringing all of their beloved franchises to Gamecube. But hell, you didn't think they would try out new things, did you? Baby! I love the way Star Fox Adventures looks right now. I'd say at first that this game was going to be very Zelda-esque. Sure, that's no problem. I loved that game. But no... it's much, much more than that. Although the control scheme will be the same, the gameplay will be unique. Hmm.. that MAYBE taking it too far; I'll just call it fresh. Blending in the flying aspect of the old Star Fox series with the new, kick-ass, shape-shifting attitude of our humanly-shaped Fox just pleases me beyond belief. I'm definitely going to buy this game!

On to the next game.

I don't know about you guys... but Kameo: Elements of Power puts all of my favorite aspects of my favorite RPGs of all time into one. Of course, when I say all, I mean three: Pokémon, Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger is one of the only RPGs I play the heck out of because of the fact that there are no random battles. I loved Secret of Mana because of the fact that it had leveling-up AND real-time battling. And most of all, Pokémon appealed to me the most as an RPG because of the immense collecting of creatures involved. All of these elements are poured into one great RPG. Kameo: Elements of Power. Rare looks like they've already created a gem of a game, simply by a few videos.

I'm serious.

This is a game that is going to be reckoned with. The innovation behind this title is just going to make my bowels uncontrollable from now on. If anybody hasn't seen the videos, YOU MUST. The object of this game is to collect creatures. But not just any creatures. Not those cute cuddly creatures in Pokémon. You have to capture big-ass, mean-ass, and kick-ass creatures. Blending this in with real-time RPG gameplay and no random battles is just a freaking dream for me. I can't wait for this title. I can't. The more I think about it the more I want it. If I keep writing about this my head will literally explode!

This game is going to be great! Once you capture your creatures, you transform into them, and use them to get through the environments. The creatures aren't just for fighting baddies, you know. The creatures can get you places you weren't able to before. For example, in the videos shown in the IGN preview, you can see a large spider-like creature. Obviously, he'll be used to climb up walls. IGN also described that some creatures can catapult themselves off of the ground to high places. And best of all, there is a flying creature. *faints*
Sat 06/04/02 at 21:17
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Cyclone wrote:
> Wouldn't that be just the best job?

It's 'gonna' be the best job!

:)
Sat 06/04/02 at 21:02
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
errr....yes
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Wouldn't that be just the best job?
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:51
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
AshMan wrote:
> Cooky wrote:
> RarE r PaNtZ!

MiCrosOft 4 Eva!

:S

No, I think you
> are just jealous because Mr. Gates could never afford RARE as RARE are
> priceless!
: )

Obviously don't know me too well then!

I'm not jealous! I want the X-Box to crash n BURN!

And i'm gonna go work for Rare in a year! {fingers crossed}

:)
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:41
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Cyclone wrote:
> Bill gates couldn't even tell who rare are - just another brilliant company that
> is there for his amusement and for buying (Ie throw some money at it and hope it
> goes away). To us gamers, Rare are definitly priceless.

You said it brother.
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Bill gates couldn't even tell who rare are - just another brilliant company that is there for his amusement and for buying (Ie throw some money at it and hope it goes away). To us gamers, Rare are definitly priceless.
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:37
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Cooky wrote:
> RarE r PaNtZ!

MiCrosOft 4 Eva!

No, I think you are just jealous because Mr. Gates could never afford RARE as RARE are priceless!
: )
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:10
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
RarE r PaNtZ!

MiCrosOft 4 Eva!

Sat 06/04/02 at 19:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Rare rule all.
No arguments.
That is a fact.

If you argue, I will tell Mr. Pants (the Rare mascot).

And he will fart in your general direction.
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:45
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
AshMan wrote:
> GpotterUK wrote:
> A classic "get your word count up" post if ever
> there was one!!
> WAAAAY too long, but I agree, Rare are fantastic
> developers.

What are you talkin about??? eh?

Oh, ok, but Isn't long better??? I mean, its better that I explain why they are amazing in full than just say "RARE are fantastic developers.....RARE are amazing.....I LOVE RARE". Get my drift...???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.