GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lord of the Rings: Are You a Fan?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/04/02 at 14:16
Regular
The question is obviously are you a fan of The Lord of the Rings. Well this is not a book/movie for little kids and people that hate fantasy. I have recently seen it and found that it is okay. It is a fantasy tpye of movie with alot more violence then you'd think. Now if you hate this movieor if you've already seen it, you might want to skip to the end and write your opinion because I'm going to give a quick summary of the movie(and I mean quick compared to the this will be a little folk tale. The movie is three hours long.) The story is mainly about this guy named Frodo Baggins that gets this golden ring from his guardian Bilbo(freaky name ehh). He finds that the ring has magical powers that belong to the villian in the story. The villian sends his dudes out to kill Frodo and bring back the ring. Of course, as you could have predicted, Frodo doesn't die. Although may other important people die he doesn't. See the thing that Frodo has to do is throw this ring into the fire of Mt. Doom(that's where the villian guy made it and that's the only place it can be destroyed. There is some more to the movie than just that of course because I already told you it is three hours long. There is also the trilogy of books but I'm not going to get into that. I think the movie is better than the book. This movie was nominated for 13 Academy Awards but only took three. For those of you that don't know that is an American ceromony where they give awards for the movies, such as Bect Picture of the Year(Lord of the Rings was nominated for that).
Sat 06/04/02 at 15:36
Regular
Same..... and Grix wot is [UFV]
Sat 06/04/02 at 14:31
I can't wait until the second movie comes out
Sat 06/04/02 at 02:15
Was it worth your time to go and see a three hour movie?
Fri 05/04/02 at 21:20
Regular
Goldeneye, Batman, Enter the Dragon... :0)
Fri 05/04/02 at 21:17
I am indeed a fan, and was quite impressed by the film.

For the first time, I'm actually hoping that EA don't make a mess of the film to game conversion that has plagued every other film-game out there.
Fri 05/04/02 at 21:14
Regular
Including deleted scenes such as:

"It is the one true ring? Are you sure Gandalf?"

"Crap! We've been found, quick, hide the camera down there!"
Fri 05/04/02 at 20:48
Regular
Do they have this little Z that scrolls around the edge of the screen?
And does someone stand up in plain view during the film?
Fri 05/04/02 at 20:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Rza wrote:
> I've got Lord of the Rings on DVD!!

I went to China a fortnight ago and it
> had all these movies for 80p - Ali, Training Day, The One etc. It says on the
> back that they're NTSC versions but they work fine on my PS2; so the CD must be
> multi region compatible or something.

Wow!!

Rza.

Ive seen it on Ebay, they are usually on for about 2 days and then find they are removed. I assumed they were made from a guy sitting in the cinema with a camcorder.
Fri 05/04/02 at 20:43
Regular
"this is a tagline"
I've got Lord of the Rings on DVD!!

I went to China a fortnight ago and it had all these movies for 80p - Ali, Training Day, The One etc. It says on the back that they're NTSC versions but they work fine on my PS2; so the CD must be multi region compatible or something.

Wow!!

Rza.
Fri 05/04/02 at 19:41
Regular
I am @ least half way through the last book.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.