GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC Games on PC Monitor"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/10/02 at 23:46
Regular
I have been researching the possibilty of using my pc monitor for the Gamecube, using an svga box 1024x768. Has anybody else used there monitor for this purpose and if so was it anygood!!!

Thanks
Sun 13/10/02 at 23:46
I have been researching the possibilty of using my pc monitor for the Gamecube, using an svga box 1024x768. Has anybody else used there monitor for this purpose and if so was it anygood!!!

Thanks
Sun 13/10/02 at 23:49
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Don't really know but you can do it, game magazines do it so they can take pictures for their mag and since those professionals do it I'm guessing it would be pretty good.

Costly I would have though though. Why do you want to play it through your PC anyway?
Mon 14/10/02 at 01:28
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
For the hugley superior 1024x768 resolution over the existing 640x480. If that were a feasible option then it would be something very much worth while looking into. Im not sure what kinda 'hit' on the frames per second it would yield tho.
Mon 14/10/02 at 12:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
You can get an adaptor for the GC and X-Box to PC link from SR, £49.99 mind. I'd probably try it myself it wasn't for the fact I don't really need to. Might try it when the price goes down a bit, but for £50 I could get two games.
Mon 14/10/02 at 13:27
Regular
"aliens exist"
never tried it, but im sure ive seen svga boxes and cables for less than £50 pc world used to do them, u could try there or dixons
Wed 16/10/02 at 18:34
Regular
I don't think there would be any effect on the frame rate, etc, since the GC still gives out the signal in the original format, at the normal time. The SVGA box simply converts it to SVGA for a PC monitor. Therefore, I don't think that the games would look as good as 1024*768 PC games, because they're limited by the quality of the image given out by the GC, which is designed for a TV set.

I've never really understood why anyone should want to spend this much money on something that doesn't seem to have much use. A small TV costs very little more than £50, and it's much more comfortable to play a console in any room you like, on a TV. I've always seen this as a disadvantage of PC games. If the box was much cheaper, I might see a point, but £50 seems too excessive for me. I appreciate that they are expensive to make, but that doesn't mean that anyone can expect most of the gaming public to buy one. I think my money would be better spent on some GC speakers or a RGB cable.
Wed 16/10/02 at 19:32
Regular
"^_^"
If you have a Tv card in you pc you can have your Gamecube full screen on any resolution you want. I can go up to 2048x1556
Wed 16/10/02 at 22:46
Regular
Starlight wrote:
>Why do you want to play it through your PC anyway?
probably because a good PC can display in 60hz mode and give better rez also, this means you can take SSBM and other pics without wasting space on your mem card.
Thu 17/10/02 at 20:47
The cube only outputs a 640*480 resolution, in fact in some cases a monitor can make the game look worse.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.