GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I believe the phrase is "Woohoo""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro evolution soccer 2'.
Mon 14/10/02 at 14:58
Regular
Pro Evolution Soccer 2 promo on my desk this morning.

*punches air with fist*
Tue 15/10/02 at 14:12
Regular
"  "
Yeah, both FIFA 2002, FIFA World Cup, and TIF 2003 didn't have dutch names due to the bust up you mentioned.
Tue 15/10/02 at 14:10
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Bleeders wrote:
> Do the Dutch team players still have the name's Orange001 et al?
>
> A few, yeah, but I only played a Dutch club team, not the national
> side. And I've only got a promo, which probably isn't the finished
> article.

Did it say anything on the press-release about being an incomplete version? Chances are that it is the definitive version. Most promos are unless stated otherwise. I remember seeing it at ECTS, that the Dutch team had the names Orange00X, which was due to some dispute with the Dutch FA or something. Looks like an extensive editing job is going to be required by the looks of things.
Tue 15/10/02 at 13:53
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Bleeders wrote:
> Do the Dutch team players still have the name's Orange001 et al?

A few, yeah, but I only played a Dutch club team, not the national side. And I've only got a promo, which probably isn't the finished article.
Tue 15/10/02 at 13:38
Regular
"  "
Well, on TIF they were called things like Rod Nistrooy and James Hassbank, so I wouldn't expect much better on PES2.
Tue 15/10/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Do the Dutch team players still have the name's Orange001 et al?
Tue 15/10/02 at 12:49
"You love us!"
Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for that Ali.

Yeah i heard that some of the team names are odd.

Ahh well, maybe i'll stick with WE6 then, that has all the real team and player names, we'll it did after i patched it. :-)

That or i'll wait until someone bothers to go though all the teams and players, changing them to the real ones for the UK version. Then D/L the option file and use that.

Nice one Ali. When you've got a bit of practise in, i'll have to pop in to SR and give you a game or something. Best give you time to get good first tho ;-)

Nice.
Tue 15/10/02 at 12:06
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
*shrugs*

DVD I think. And yeah, some Dutch players have odd names, but I dunno if it's just the promo I've got. Plus, the team names are bizarre - Europort for Liverpool? Whazzat?
Tue 15/10/02 at 11:56
"You love us!"
Is the game on DVD or CD?

And do you know is the players from Holland have strange names?
Tue 15/10/02 at 11:54
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hey dude. Yeah, it's pretty cool, getting used to some of the changes from Pro Evo 1 is gonna take a while. And the commentary is still as wonderful as ever, even though Trevor Brooking sounds like someone doing a Trevor Brooking impersonation.
Tue 15/10/02 at 11:46
"You love us!"
So you finally got Pro Evo 2 then Ali.

Nice one. Promo stuff, ahh, one of the big things i miss about working at SR :-(

So what you think of it? Damn good isn't it. What is the commentary like in English, WE6 commentary is all in Japanese :-(

Oh and one question, the player names, for Holland specifically, are there players called orn001 or orange001 or org001 - or something like that?

If you could let me know about the player name question I’d be most grateful. I was thinking about getting the Pro Evo 2 myself, but I will prolly stick with Winning Eleven 6 unless it's significantly different. I'm in the first division now, have just won the cup so going back to div 3 and starting again is not a good thought.

Cheers matey

P.S.
I guess i won't get an answer to this for a bit as it's mag deadline. No worries.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.