GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just got a GB advanced...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/04/02 at 01:04
Regular
For dirt cheap (£50 new). I got one game which was Metal Gear Solid (GB color), which i got because ive never owned a PS or PS2 to play one on. It is very very kool. Anyways i was wondering what are the hottest GBadvanced games about? I like the SR offer of Bomberman for £14.99 when you buy another game, but what should the other game be? Advanced Wars looks good, but so does Tony hawk 3, and the new Driver game looks the bomb. But my question what 1 game should i get to coninside with the Bomberman offer?
Ta
Thu 04/04/02 at 01:04
Regular
"All about the Beats"
For dirt cheap (£50 new). I got one game which was Metal Gear Solid (GB color), which i got because ive never owned a PS or PS2 to play one on. It is very very kool. Anyways i was wondering what are the hottest GBadvanced games about? I like the SR offer of Bomberman for £14.99 when you buy another game, but what should the other game be? Advanced Wars looks good, but so does Tony hawk 3, and the new Driver game looks the bomb. But my question what 1 game should i get to coninside with the Bomberman offer?
Ta
Thu 04/04/02 at 07:50
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Sonic Advance is very good, Mario Kart : Super Circuit, is also good. Don't get Super Mario Advance because it's rubbish but number 2 is suppose to be good (I have the SNES version). Advance wars looks good, Crash Bandicot is ok (not as good as Sonic). Overall I would suggest Sonic Advance, it's really good !!!
Thu 04/04/02 at 07:52
Regular
Super Mario Advance 2
Mario Kart
Advance Wars
Sonic Advance
Doom
Thu 04/04/02 at 14:56
Regular
My advice is to get Action GBX magazine which has a free video with it each issue which shows you the games in motion.

That'll help you a lot when choosing GBA games.
Thu 04/04/02 at 15:12
Regular
"not dead"
I like Wario Land 4, but if you fancy a driving game go for Mario Kart: Super Circuit, it's excellent.
Thu 04/04/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Mario Kart is amazing, and Mario Advance is ok if you liked Mario Bros. 2.
Golden Sun is a brilliant RPG, and Breath of Fire is apparently not far behind.
F-Zero is another racing alterntaive, and yes, the Bomberman deal is brilliant!
Mario Advance 2 seems like a MUST GET game, due to the success and popularity of Mario World on the SNES.
And yes Sonic is also sposed to be very good, but also short, and there could also be a new Zelda game in the future!
And if you're gunna buy one FPS, make it Doom!
Thu 04/04/02 at 18:49
Regular
"Whatever!"
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival!! Most recommended indeed!! Its one of my favourites!!
Thu 04/04/02 at 20:52
Regular
"the burning sky"
Golden Sun is da bomb. It is an excellent RPG, great story line!!
Thu 04/04/02 at 21:21
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I kinda find RPG's boring.

I played 'Secrets of Mana' and i got bored. I brought 'Grandia 2' for Dreamcast and i got so far and i couldnt go any further cause my level's werent high enough, so i lost interest. But 'Metal Gear Solid' on Game Boy colour is awesome.

So im very selective when it comes down to RPG's. And Golden Sun sounds like a 'Secret of Mana' type of game.

Sonic on GBA sounds good but i still have my Mega-drive with sonic 1,2,3 and i still play them alot now, so i need something alittle different to that.

Tony Hawks on GBA is awesome, but i own Tony Hawk 1 and 2 on Dreamcast and i am waiting till i get Tony Hawks 3 on Gamecube. So i dont think i will get that as my next game.

Doom. Now again the game looks awesome, but i played Doom when i was all the rage when it was on the PC. I played it to death, so maybe it isnt worth getting it?

Mario Kart, now i havent owned a Mario kart game before, i didnt have a SNES but i had a N64 and i played it on my mates N64 and it was great. So that might be my 'Must Buy' game.

But...

Advance Wars, ive heard so much about this game and how good it is. And its original (to my knowledge, and its GBA exclusive) and the same price and every other game. So i might have to get that in the end.

So its Advanced Wars + The Bomerman Deal from SR.

Now i need to save my pennys for Mario Kart!!

Ta, for the replys :-)
Thu 11/04/02 at 13:14
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Golden Sun does not have many of the problems of the standard RPG as it is partly non-linear, I have finished it and it is one of the best games I have played- now i am just in a barely moveable state of anticipation about Golden Sun 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.