GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman 2: My mistakes.... :("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2'.
Mon 14/10/02 at 22:04
Regular
For anyone who has got hitman 2, i hope that you may be able to relate to some of the mistakes i made whilst on the mission to assassinate the Hacker on the "Basement Killer" mission.

There mission is set in some sort of bank area where you are assigned to Assassinate a Rouge hacker who has stolen some sort of american owned files, or sumthing, i cant remember.

The mission starts on your laptop like any other mission. After the long monotoneous breifing from the local agency fitty 'diana', you are aloud to select the weapons for the up coming mission from your top secret hide out (Some scillian priests' garden shed). After pondering my inventory for a moment, i soon chose me weapons of choice. A silenced 9mm pistol, a desert Eagle, a pair of Ballers, a combat knife, some anethetic and a silenced Sub-machine gun. (This is my first mistake) What was i thinking!? THe mission starts you off inside a very heavily guard facilty, policemen armed to their socks in guns, not a good place to be carrying a submachine gun, as one of my favorate tactics is to try and blend in with the crowd. You ever seen Joe Punter walking around with a top-of-range, high-tech, submachine gun? .. well me niether, not knowing what was instore for me round the first corner i stupidly walked round the corner into the main hall with all my guns 'holstered'. Now i dont know if anyone knows of any sub-machine guns that can be covered up by a suit, but i seemed to have thought you could of. When first trying to cover up for my mistakes, i didnt know that holstering a SMG was the same as 'putting large gun down to the side of your body'. Not noticing this i walked stright into the first line of defence. 5 very suspicious guards. Without a seconds thought thay opened fire. A few bullets to the chest quickly convinced me to reload the level and choose different guns.

After the short loading time i was back to the inventory menu, flicking through i subtley un-checked the sileneced SMG hoping that diana didnt notice. (Im thinking of getting with thi sexy voiced minx, okay?!)

After restarting the level i casually strolled out round the same corner. Success, i made it past the first inept gaurds without any hassle atall. Phew. Now, i look at my satelitte guided map and see that there is a agency weapon drop close by. But whats this, theres a guard in the next room, foo-ey! I go and stand in the corridor between the two rooms and wait for him to come through the door. One of my prefered tactics is to stand next to the door so that when the enemy opens it, i am hidden behind the (now opened) door, with him on the other side. This tactic seems to work all the time. But why not this time...? You see, instead of standing the side that the door opens, i was actually stood on the other side, completely in site and looking very stupid with my back pinned up against the wall and a silenced pistol raised above my shoulder. D'oh, hes spotted me straight away and fires an annoying loud gun which alerts all the guards in the entire place. Back to the drawing point i go.

The third time round, instead of waiting for him to move from room to room. I (in a rush of adrenaline) burst through door all guns blazing. BLAO! Shoot him down. Knicked his clothes and ran to the opposite room to collect my goodies. I drag his bodies into the next room and hide him behind a shower curtain. Now here is my next mistake, this guy wasnt a proper guard, he was some joe shmuck who does laundry ( i dont know for who, but he does), so the site of him walking about the main rooms was a very perculiar one for the guards to see, as soon as im out the door, im hounded by hundreds of curous henchmen, ready to pounce on this lowerclass slacker trying to escape his job. But apon searching me, (to see why i wasnt doing my cleaning), they soon stumble apon about 7 leathal weapons and a Smoke Grenade i picked up ealier from my designated locker. (It was here that i decided i should save it atleast once, because it took a few minutes each time to reload the game and choose my guns etc)

IM gonna stop writing now, cos my eyes are hurting and its gonna take ages to write out the whole of my mission "log". I made soo many mistakes over the next 20 minutes of gaming, it was almost pityful. I might be bothered to write some more.

People who have never played Hitman 2 might not have a clue what i am on about, but hopefuly someone might have played it and have had the same experiences. Maybe.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 14/10/02 at 22:04
Regular
For anyone who has got hitman 2, i hope that you may be able to relate to some of the mistakes i made whilst on the mission to assassinate the Hacker on the "Basement Killer" mission.

There mission is set in some sort of bank area where you are assigned to Assassinate a Rouge hacker who has stolen some sort of american owned files, or sumthing, i cant remember.

The mission starts on your laptop like any other mission. After the long monotoneous breifing from the local agency fitty 'diana', you are aloud to select the weapons for the up coming mission from your top secret hide out (Some scillian priests' garden shed). After pondering my inventory for a moment, i soon chose me weapons of choice. A silenced 9mm pistol, a desert Eagle, a pair of Ballers, a combat knife, some anethetic and a silenced Sub-machine gun. (This is my first mistake) What was i thinking!? THe mission starts you off inside a very heavily guard facilty, policemen armed to their socks in guns, not a good place to be carrying a submachine gun, as one of my favorate tactics is to try and blend in with the crowd. You ever seen Joe Punter walking around with a top-of-range, high-tech, submachine gun? .. well me niether, not knowing what was instore for me round the first corner i stupidly walked round the corner into the main hall with all my guns 'holstered'. Now i dont know if anyone knows of any sub-machine guns that can be covered up by a suit, but i seemed to have thought you could of. When first trying to cover up for my mistakes, i didnt know that holstering a SMG was the same as 'putting large gun down to the side of your body'. Not noticing this i walked stright into the first line of defence. 5 very suspicious guards. Without a seconds thought thay opened fire. A few bullets to the chest quickly convinced me to reload the level and choose different guns.

After the short loading time i was back to the inventory menu, flicking through i subtley un-checked the sileneced SMG hoping that diana didnt notice. (Im thinking of getting with thi sexy voiced minx, okay?!)

After restarting the level i casually strolled out round the same corner. Success, i made it past the first inept gaurds without any hassle atall. Phew. Now, i look at my satelitte guided map and see that there is a agency weapon drop close by. But whats this, theres a guard in the next room, foo-ey! I go and stand in the corridor between the two rooms and wait for him to come through the door. One of my prefered tactics is to stand next to the door so that when the enemy opens it, i am hidden behind the (now opened) door, with him on the other side. This tactic seems to work all the time. But why not this time...? You see, instead of standing the side that the door opens, i was actually stood on the other side, completely in site and looking very stupid with my back pinned up against the wall and a silenced pistol raised above my shoulder. D'oh, hes spotted me straight away and fires an annoying loud gun which alerts all the guards in the entire place. Back to the drawing point i go.

The third time round, instead of waiting for him to move from room to room. I (in a rush of adrenaline) burst through door all guns blazing. BLAO! Shoot him down. Knicked his clothes and ran to the opposite room to collect my goodies. I drag his bodies into the next room and hide him behind a shower curtain. Now here is my next mistake, this guy wasnt a proper guard, he was some joe shmuck who does laundry ( i dont know for who, but he does), so the site of him walking about the main rooms was a very perculiar one for the guards to see, as soon as im out the door, im hounded by hundreds of curous henchmen, ready to pounce on this lowerclass slacker trying to escape his job. But apon searching me, (to see why i wasnt doing my cleaning), they soon stumble apon about 7 leathal weapons and a Smoke Grenade i picked up ealier from my designated locker. (It was here that i decided i should save it atleast once, because it took a few minutes each time to reload the game and choose my guns etc)

IM gonna stop writing now, cos my eyes are hurting and its gonna take ages to write out the whole of my mission "log". I made soo many mistakes over the next 20 minutes of gaming, it was almost pityful. I might be bothered to write some more.

People who have never played Hitman 2 might not have a clue what i am on about, but hopefuly someone might have played it and have had the same experiences. Maybe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.