GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tekken Tag or Tekken blag?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/04/02 at 19:46
Regular
Now, many of you were waiting anxiously for Tekken Tag!
I got it as soon as it came out and it was great, with all the old characters(always the best)and even more characters than usual. The tag idea is not as good as expected, but better than 1 on 1 vs.
It is probably the best voted fighting game in playstation history! Its graphics are spectacular and the characters are pretty realistic. The video at the start has excellent graphics and is so realistic.
Good points:
1. Very good graphics.
2. Descent characters, realistic.
3. After a certain amount of completation you unlock tekken bowl.
4. After certain amount of completation you unlock the theater and gallery.
5. Good video graphics, and endings for characters.

Bad Points:
1. Doesn't take very long to complete(took me just over a school day).
2. On the characters endings, they do not talk, they just act(little dissapointment).
3. tekken bowl is hard to aim and it doesn't play by the right rules(plays differently under different rules).

As you can see there are more good points than bad points, so its not a bad game. But magazines blagged about how good it is when it isn't as good as they explained it.
I hope i haven't put you off buying it, thats if you haven't got it allready.
I look forward to purchasing Tekken 4, and i hope this post gives you a rough idea of what tekken tag tournament is like!
Thanx for spending time to read it :-).
the1&onlyME!(knuckles187)
Wed 03/04/02 at 19:46
Regular
""It's me u want""
Now, many of you were waiting anxiously for Tekken Tag!
I got it as soon as it came out and it was great, with all the old characters(always the best)and even more characters than usual. The tag idea is not as good as expected, but better than 1 on 1 vs.
It is probably the best voted fighting game in playstation history! Its graphics are spectacular and the characters are pretty realistic. The video at the start has excellent graphics and is so realistic.
Good points:
1. Very good graphics.
2. Descent characters, realistic.
3. After a certain amount of completation you unlock tekken bowl.
4. After certain amount of completation you unlock the theater and gallery.
5. Good video graphics, and endings for characters.

Bad Points:
1. Doesn't take very long to complete(took me just over a school day).
2. On the characters endings, they do not talk, they just act(little dissapointment).
3. tekken bowl is hard to aim and it doesn't play by the right rules(plays differently under different rules).

As you can see there are more good points than bad points, so its not a bad game. But magazines blagged about how good it is when it isn't as good as they explained it.
I hope i haven't put you off buying it, thats if you haven't got it allready.
I look forward to purchasing Tekken 4, and i hope this post gives you a rough idea of what tekken tag tournament is like!
Thanx for spending time to read it :-).
the1&onlyME!(knuckles187)
Wed 03/04/02 at 19:51
Regular
okay...
Wed 03/04/02 at 20:25
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
well i was going to get it on platium as it was only 20 of my fresh bucks or pounds whatever.

but what put me off was the way it looked so rushed, it only looks a little better than tekken 3 for christ sake.

i've decided to hold out for tekken 4 maybe then i'll get back into tekken.
Wed 03/04/02 at 22:15
Regular
Too slow for my liking.
Wed 03/04/02 at 22:22
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
The game is a joke for so many reasons:

1) Namco told the Tekken developers they HAD to get a game out for release, so they decided on a quikc port of Tag. Whereas the DC conversion of Soul Calibur had hundreds of missions in an adventure mode, loads of extra characters, and dozens of modes, Tekken Tag had next to nothing added to it.

2) The Japanese version of Tekken Tag was a fast paced, quick beat em up- just like all the other Japanese versions of Tekken games. Meanwhile, all the PAL (UK) Tekken games have slowdown so bad that people honestly believe that's what the game is meant to play like! (As one person down the topic said)

3) What does that game actually add to fighting games except for better graphics (which nare expected). It has no new features over Tekken 3, no innovative idea and no originality.

It was always just a time filler.

Sonic
Wed 03/04/02 at 22:22
Regular
I thought Tekken Tag Tournament was ok, but not stunningly good.

Especially if you play it on a 21 inch TV, like I tried. It looks all jaggedy and so PS1-like.

If you're playing on a smaller TV like 15 inch, it's ok.
Sat 06/04/02 at 11:28
Regular
""It's me u want""
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> The game is a joke for so many reasons:

1) Namco told the Tekken developers
> they HAD to get a game out for release, so they decided on a quikc port of Tag.
> Whereas the DC conversion of Soul Calibur had hundreds of missions in an
> adventure mode, loads of extra characters, and dozens of modes, Tekken Tag had
> next to nothing added to it.

2) The Japanese version of Tekken Tag was a fast
> paced, quick beat em up- just like all the other Japanese versions of Tekken
> games. Meanwhile, all the PAL (UK) Tekken games have slowdown so bad that people
> honestly believe that's what the game is meant to play like! (As one person down
> the topic said)

3) What does that game actually add to fighting games except
> for better graphics (which nare expected). It has no new features over Tekken 3,
> no innovative idea and no originality.

It was always just a time
> filler.

Sonic

I do see your point very clearly, on which the game was a quick slam bam put together mam sort of game. The games a blag and i have got bord of it all ready! Its a fast completetion sort of game, which really bors people!

the1&onlyMe / knuckles187
Sat 06/04/02 at 12:57
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Hey knuckles! Your back! Good to see ya!
Sat 06/04/02 at 13:59
"period drama"
DOA2 is much better.

bouncy, bouncy......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.