GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I shouldn't be asking this here, but..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/10/02 at 17:57
Regular
... does anybody know how to install mod chips? I've never done it before, but I really want one for my Xbox so I can use things such as Mame and buy import games. Honestly, I wouldn't ever copy games so SR please don't delete this.

Thing is, I'm not quite sure what to do. I can get somebody at my dad's work to do it, but I wouldn't know what he should unscrew, and what he should and shouldn't do. Of course, there are instructions for the enigmah chip, but they don't really explain it fully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tue 15/10/02 at 20:47
Regular
"¬_¬"
I'm online, you're online, I can see you and I haven't blocked you. I'm starting a conversation now, but for future reference I have noticed you're online for the past 20 minutes or so.
Tue 15/10/02 at 20:44
Regular
I didn't think they did it. Hey, ½pint, I got you on MSN (added you yonks ago) but you're not online. Blocked me by any chance? If no, check if DW is online please :c)
Tue 15/10/02 at 20:38
Regular
"¬_¬"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Do you have a 'Computer Exchange' shop near you? I know they do
> illegal chipping coz my mates have had their playstations done there,
> im sure they'll do Xbox too. If not im sure you will be able to find a
> pirate website on how to do it, the internet is a big place...

Yeah, there is a CEX near me but I know for certain that they don't chip consoles any more.

And my e-mail addy is [email protected] , if anybody want's to add me (but if you're annoying I'll open a big ol' can of... never mind).
Tue 15/10/02 at 20:19
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Cool.
Tue 15/10/02 at 20:19
Regular
I chipped my playstation...then it blew up about a year later.
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:30
Regular
Can't you get a mod to let you play on X-box live with a chipped X-box?
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:28
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Suuuuure.
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:27
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Shush, matt. I wouldn't get my Xbox chipped, as that'd mean I can't play Xbox live.
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:24
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Errr... so why did you tell me you had last night?

And you even showed me pics of the chip you installed inside.

Hmmm.... someones telling porkies methinks.
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:22
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Hercules! wrote:
> Tom is in here and he has chipped his XBox by himself, he knows how to
> do it and all that mumbo jumbo.

Umm...no I haven't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.