GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS1 games for me PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/04/02 at 16:08
Regular
I havent bought any ps1 games yet, what are ya best recommendations? I used to love playing destruction derby i seem to remember, and id love a scrolling beat em up if there are any.
Wed 03/04/02 at 20:05
Regular
Grandia
Wed 03/04/02 at 20:02
I live in chelmsford. Not that anyone cares.
Wed 03/04/02 at 19:59
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Its not that im on a tight budget just thought there might b some classics on there, not thought much of the suggestions u given me so far. Are we saying that all games on ps1 r crap because they r technically inferior?
Wed 03/04/02 at 19:01
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Its not a PS1 game but its as cheap as one. I went to my local EB (in chelmsford town centre) and parted just £2.49 for timesplitters. OK im lying here, i had a £12.50 voucher when added to £2.49 makes £14.99 but my point is its only £14.99 for a quality game. Before you tell me its become plattinum and should be £20 their reason for it being £14.99 was for the fact that it came in a black box! They said that they had to sell the black boxes with timesplitters because they should be selling them in a grey box! Well i wasnt going to complain, i saved £5 and got the game in a black box which looks better than a grey one anyway.
Wed 03/04/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Whatever!"
The Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, Tony Hawk and Driver games are all recommended!!
Wed 03/04/02 at 18:18
Regular
You can't go wrong with Tomb Raider (except Chronicles) or Final Fantasy, but anything else I think of has had PS2 updates so I don't know
Wed 03/04/02 at 18:15
Regular
"Back For Good"
Tomb Raider (looks awesome on PS2)
Fear Effect 2 (see my winning review)
Resident Evil (one of em anyway)
Final Fantasy 7 (need i say more)

seen as how you have a PS2 it's probably worth buying the updated PS2 versions (eg MGS2) but there are some unmissable classics out there for next to nothing :-)
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Since I bought my PS2, I have bought only two PSone games. They are Syphon Filter 3 and Fear Effect2. SF3 is a bit of a dissapointment, but FE2 is well worth buying, and can match some of the PS2's own action adventure games.
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:37
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
To be honest - There are not that many games for PS1 that you will want to play having played PS2 games if for nothing else than the look of the games.

However - If you are on a tight budget and want to play some really good games then go for the latest editions of things like Tony Hawks, Wipeout, Toca, Colin Mcrae, Tekken - All the Final Fantasy games are excellent and for platformers the Crash Bandiccot games are excellent. Crash 3 will provide better fun than Crash for PS2 as the gameplay is not really that much different but the loading times will be normal and you will be able to get it for under 20 quid.

Have fun.
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:12
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Why are you wanting to buy PS1 games for the PS2?

Anyway, i bought FF9 the other day, very good, i recommend it, but there are loads of great games for the PS1, MGS, Resident Evil and so on.

Not sure about scrolling beat em ups though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.