GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My CDT project"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/10/02 at 21:41
Regular
I have made my choice to make a CD holder for the new games cases that all next gen consoles use, yes the new black plastic ones. Well I've already started making my CD holder that can holde at least 15 or more CD cases upright on a
holder that spins around like a turntable, it does mot have an small engine to power it but just man-power. It' spins around with the aid of marbles that roll around a small but partially deep trench that runs around on the bottom peiece of
wooden disc. So far I have been sucessful in making a smaller model version of the real prototype (which I've started making now, ahead of my class, heh heh!). To tell you it's actually 32cm's in diameter, quite wide for most holders, but I still like it even though it's huge.
I might be the only one who's actually made their own CD holder for those new cases (the NGC holder wasn't really great since it only holds 8) but I bet some companies other than NGC will start making them in time... but mines still better than their's ever will be.
Thu 17/10/02 at 16:57
I just spent a whole hour after school turning the handle on a lathe so I can get my trench for my marbles to roll in finished bfeore half term, then I realised that I've the entire next day to finish it off. It's still not done yetbut it's getting there. The entire problem is that the damn sheet of pine wasn't completely flat so some part of the trench are deeper than the rest of it.
Wed 16/10/02 at 18:26
The ex-form tutor was also a Food Tech teacher! So she was well rounded in her abilites.
"Now class lets make bread using 5 planks of wood and as many nails you want..."
Wed 16/10/02 at 18:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh no, she gives us help, it just doesnt make any sense.
Wed 16/10/02 at 18:19
Well the only female CDT teacher I ever had was our hated form tutor that has now left (Thank God!) for another school.
The teacher we have now is quite good and we feel free to ask for help whenever we need it.
Wed 16/10/02 at 18:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
My teacher lets us do anything we want. Which is great, because we don't know wht to do. Because she talks DT speak. SHe used the word proactive the other day. PROACTIVE. Think about that. I hate her.
Wed 16/10/02 at 18:15
He trusts us year 11s'
Wed 16/10/02 at 18:14
HEH HEH! Dumb teacher, well ours let us do anything we want as long as we're supposed to do it.
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:48
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I have an admission to make: CDT made me destroy the Environment. I was put into electronics (my skills with wood only extended to a certain frowned upon film industry) whilst my mates remained in my orginal class making shelves and Barrett homes. Therefore in each lesson I would ask my teacher if i could use the lathe in the other room (the one with my mates in) and take a piece of wood to grind down (why he never asked what i was going to do with a block of wood in electronics is a mystery).

I must have spent 20 hours grinding to nothing 20 lovely blocks of wood. I killed squirrels homes so I could goss with my mates.

I am ashamed.
Wed 16/10/02 at 15:18
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> "The Eliminator" wrote:
> I have made my choice to make a CD holder for the new games cases
>
> Dear god... someone has actually had a good idea for CDT thats
> actually achievable!
>
> I seem to remember melting that cheap plastic tat into
> incomprehensable shapes, and melting solder to my finger where my
> greatest CDT achevments?
We had a chice of about 20 or just make up your own. But it was on there at No.7 so I was relieved and excited until I had to strat all the bloody coursework which is about 40 pages worth! But they're finally out of the way and I can start making my final prototype.
Wed 16/10/02 at 15:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
CDT was great. I made a table in my final year, it was massive, but fairly well made. Although admittedly it did use a lot of wood filler.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.