GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bring back Terry!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/10/00 at 16:23
Regular
Managing at an international level requires a very different set of skills and qualities, and with all due respect to Kevin, I don't think he had. He may well have been one of England's greatest footballers and he did absolutely brilliantly for Newcastle united FC, and his spell at Fulham was also natably successful - but taking on the role of England boss?
I don't think he's got what it takes - he knows this and so he quit, I think he should never had been persuaded away from Fulham personally, but he will do well to get back at Managing in the premiership.
I don't think he has the brutality - is that the word? Or the actually presence that he should have had - I think he may have been too soft on the players. After all it was the players that performed poorly as well as his managerial tactics.
i think the Euro 2000 performance was atrotious - simply because the team hadn't gelled together properly - it looked like the players were on trials - not a major international event! And I think Keegan should take some blame in choosing the wrong team. He should have stuck with familiar faces instead of introducing SO many new faces into the full squad - as a result we struggled, and it was clear that after the Championships, Keegan was going to have to prove himself against Germany and Finland.
The right time for Keegan to leave? No. He should never have taken the job.
Great Bloke - superb footballer, but an England boss?
Wed 11/04/01 at 22:38
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Alex Fergusson should do the job. Even though he is about to retire from Man Utd, I think he has all the qualities to get England fired up and winning consistently.

They should offer him the job if they haven't already approached him.
Wed 11/04/01 at 13:25
Svens the man!
Mon 23/10/00 at 19:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Ali - surely this discussion should be in the football section. Where's my prize?
Mon 23/10/00 at 16:59
Keegs had the right attitude, but he didn't have the necessary know-how to manage an International side. Remember, he was a good player, not a particularly good manager.
Fri 13/10/00 at 13:52
Regular
"not dead"
I was in favour of Keegan taking the job, and yes he cocked it up. The next England manager should be someone that has never appeared on Top of the Pops! (So that's Waddle and Gazza out of the running too)
Wed 11/10/00 at 16:23
Managing at an international level requires a very different set of skills and qualities, and with all due respect to Kevin, I don't think he had. He may well have been one of England's greatest footballers and he did absolutely brilliantly for Newcastle united FC, and his spell at Fulham was also natably successful - but taking on the role of England boss?
I don't think he's got what it takes - he knows this and so he quit, I think he should never had been persuaded away from Fulham personally, but he will do well to get back at Managing in the premiership.
I don't think he has the brutality - is that the word? Or the actually presence that he should have had - I think he may have been too soft on the players. After all it was the players that performed poorly as well as his managerial tactics.
i think the Euro 2000 performance was atrotious - simply because the team hadn't gelled together properly - it looked like the players were on trials - not a major international event! And I think Keegan should take some blame in choosing the wrong team. He should have stuck with familiar faces instead of introducing SO many new faces into the full squad - as a result we struggled, and it was clear that after the Championships, Keegan was going to have to prove himself against Germany and Finland.
The right time for Keegan to leave? No. He should never have taken the job.
Great Bloke - superb footballer, but an England boss?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.