GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming Oscars 2002"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/04/02 at 12:48
Regular
Hi and welcome to the Gaming Oscars 2002. I am Ghost Killer and I will guide you down the long windy road to the best games around. I will have many special guests too including Mario and Luigi. But first if I can be serious for a minute. There have been many games consoles around the world. Super Nes, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Nintendo 64, PS2, X Box, PS1.Some still here. Some gone, and in the past. But it doesn't matter how many are gone, they will still be with us. In our homes and in our hearts. So lets get started as there are 16 awards to go through with some surprises along the way. (Applause from audience and the occassional cheer or WHOOOOOO! coming from the drunks.)

First up is the best Nintendo 64 game which may be dead but people can still enjoy some of the games as there are some really good classics. Anyway the nominees for best Nintendo 64 game are (Everyone looks at large screen to see clips of them) Super Mario 64...Conker's Bad Fur Day...Exciteabike 64... Perfect Dark... Zelda Ocarina of Time... Goldeneye. And the winner is Conker and his Bad Fur Day. Lets welcome conker to collect the award. (Conker enters) Kiss my a**! (Conker then leaves the stage) Well a** too conker.

Next up is the best Playstation game and this should be interesting. Even though the PS2 is here the Playstation does supply some pretty good games. Now here are the nominees for best Playstation game (Everyone looks at screen again) WWF Smackdown 2...Tomb raider 2...Final Fantasy VII... Final Fantasy IX... Tony Hawk 2... Metal gear Solid... Tomb Raider 2... Doom. And the winner is Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2. What a great game. And Mr. Hawk cannot except this award as he has injured himself during a trick. It was called trying to change a lightbulb. Doh!

2 down and 14 more to go. Now we all know how well the Sega Dreamcast did don't we now. It did so good it made a cereal box look like the perfect console. But seriously folks it did have some good games and we are here to find out the best one so here it is. the nominees for best Dreamcast game are Sonic Adventure...Virtua Tennis... Jet Set Radio... Shenmue... Virtua Tennis 2... Sega Bass Fishing. And the winner is Shenmue. Because we have no idea who created Shenmue we are going to send the award to a random spot in Australia.

Now after that I think we will have the best Gameboy Advance game. The gameboy advance is 32 bit and has given us some great classics from the past like Super Mario Advance but made them even better. But anyway the nominees for the best Gameboy Advance game are Sonic Advance... Wario Land 4... Crash Bandicoot... Doom. So the winner of this award is Sonic Advance. Here is Sonic to collct the award. (Zoom as Sonic speeds off with the award at light speed out of the building.) Long Speech.

Now I think one of the worlds most loved consoles which has been around for quite some time is next. Yes that's right it is time for the PS2 best game award. It has some of the best games graphic wise and also some brought out for other consoles. So here it is the Best PS2 game and the nominees are Metal Gear Solid 2... Grand Theft Auto 3... Ico... Jak and Daxter... WWF Smackdown Just Bring it. And to my surprise and yours the winner is.... Grand Theft Auto 3. None of the makers of GTA3 can be here as they are in jail right now for stealing cars.

The most powerful console in the world and also the newest one is up next with games from other consoles and also a few of its own. Yep it's the Microsoft X Box and here it is. The nominees for best X Box game are Halo... Amped... Jet Set Radio Future... Fusion Frenzy... Project Gotham Racing. And the winner of this award is Halo. Sadly the makers of Halo are too busy to make it here so we will get someone to give the award to them when we feel like it.

After all of that I think it's time for a little break but be back for part two and we will have the best platformer, sport and shoot 'em up game award.

Advertisement..... Gaming 24:7 Gameboy advance. Buy gameboy advance now at Comet and we will give you a free mother in law. Please buy a gameboy advance now!

Now we are back and it is time for the best platformer on any console (WHOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH COME ON HALO!!!) a stupid gimp from the crowd shouts out. He's probably drunk... or he's David Beckham. Anyway here are the nominees for best platformer. Super Mario 64... Wario Land 4... Sonic Adventure 2... Jak and Daxter... Banjo Kazooie... Conker's Bad Fur Day. And the winner is that red capped plumber. Mario. And here is Mario to claim his award.(Mario walks up to claim his prize) Mama Mia thank you all and Luigi for not featuring in the game. Speaking of Luigi I think the main reason for winning this award was because he didn't star in the game. Thank You. (Mario leaves stage)Thanks Mario.

Now I think it is time for the best beat 'em up and no I' m not talking about Jerry Springer. Here are the nominees for best beat 'em up. Super Smash Brothers... The Bouncer... Soul Calibur... Tekken Tag Tounament... Tekken 3... Capcom vs SNK... and a SNES game (ODD) Street Fighter Turbo 2. The winner of the Best beat 'em up is Tekken Tag Tounament. Here is Law to collect he award. (Law backflips his way in) Cheers man. And thank you everyone! (He then walks off followed by 10 black robed ninjas.)

After all this excitement I think it's time for our special guests tonight. Everyone lets give a nice warm welcome to Mario and Luigi. YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! (Mario enters first and takes a bow then pushes his brother out of the way) Hello everyone. Mama Mia does it feel great to win an award tonight and I just hope my brother wins in the Most wanted game award. (Luigi steps up) I would like to say... Shut up Luigi. Anyway here are the nominees for best shoot 'em up. (Everyone looks at the huge screen while Mario bops one right on Luigi's nose.) Quake 3... Perfect Dark... Halo... and Goldeneye... 007 Agent Under Fire...Half Life... Medal Of Honour Allied Assault. And the winner is Halo yet again. WOW! We will give this award to them as soon as possible (turns round and whispers) Yeah right.

Now next we shall have the best Racing game followed immediately by the best Action Adventure game. So firstly lets welcome back Mario to tell us the nominees. (Mario enters) The nominees for best Racing game are Super Mario Kart 64... Mario Kart:Super Circuit... F Zero X... Crazy Taxi 2... Burnout... Grand Turismo 3... Metropolis Street Racer. And the award goes to Grand Turismo 3. Don't worry I'll give the award to the makers right away.
Wow thanks Mario.

Now the nominees for best Action Adventure games are Legend of Zelda Oracle of ages... Conkers Bad Fur Day... Shenmue 2... Zelda Oracle Of Ages... Zelda Ocarina of Time... Jak and Daxter. And the winner is Zelda Oracle of the ages. This will get sent by 1st class mail as I am taking it along with the other award right now.

Thank you Mario. How kind of you (Mario walks off with the two awards laughing and shouts out sucker. The sound of running and driving off in a car can be heard outside.) Okay then... the nominees for best sports game are WWF Smackdown Just Bring It... Pro Evolution Soccer... fifa 2002... Tony Hawk 2... World Championship Snooker. And the winner is. Well one of my favourite football games. Pro Evolution Soccer.And I will give it to the England team right away and they can retend they have won a trophy for once.

Now here to reveal the most wanted game since his brother has left for Mexico. Its Luigi. (Absolute silence and someone coughs.) Mama Mia I've just flown in from Italy and boy are my arms tired. (Absolute silence.) Oh come on people! Anything! Please!!!! Fine the award for most wanted game goes to Super Smash Brothers Melee. (Luigi runs off crying)

Only three left to go now and next is one of my favourites. Not my favourite games but the funniest award. The nominees for worst game are WWF Royal Rumble... Super Mario Advance... FIFA 2002... Project Gotham Racing... Bob the Builder. And the winner. Or loser in fact is Bob The Builder. But I've just heard the makers of Bob the Builder are too embarressed to collect their award and will give it to charity. Ahhhhh! That's nice.

Now steering away from the games a minute it is time for the best character. And the nominees are Mario... Wario... Sonic... Solid Snake... Maria (Solid Snake)... Joanna Dark. And the order going from least votes to most is Joanna Dark, Wario and Maria (Silent Hill 2) last... Sonic the coolest hedgehog around third... Mario second... and finally Solid Snake has won. Now he would accept the award but he is on a secret mission right now. And if I were to tell you what it was I'd have to kill you all.

Now our last award and also the best one. It's time for the best overall game on any console. And the nominees are Metal Gear Solid 2... Perfect Dark... Halo... Grand Theft Auto 3... Sonic Advance... Grand Turismo 3... Medal Of Honour. And the winner of the best overall game on any console is Metal Gear Solid 2. And as I have said before Smake is on a mission and if I told you what one it was I'd have to kill you.

Anyway thank you all you have been a great audience and I hope to see you next year. Goodbye.

Cheers for reading this guys. Ghost Killer
Wed 03/04/02 at 12:48
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Hi and welcome to the Gaming Oscars 2002. I am Ghost Killer and I will guide you down the long windy road to the best games around. I will have many special guests too including Mario and Luigi. But first if I can be serious for a minute. There have been many games consoles around the world. Super Nes, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Nintendo 64, PS2, X Box, PS1.Some still here. Some gone, and in the past. But it doesn't matter how many are gone, they will still be with us. In our homes and in our hearts. So lets get started as there are 16 awards to go through with some surprises along the way. (Applause from audience and the occassional cheer or WHOOOOOO! coming from the drunks.)

First up is the best Nintendo 64 game which may be dead but people can still enjoy some of the games as there are some really good classics. Anyway the nominees for best Nintendo 64 game are (Everyone looks at large screen to see clips of them) Super Mario 64...Conker's Bad Fur Day...Exciteabike 64... Perfect Dark... Zelda Ocarina of Time... Goldeneye. And the winner is Conker and his Bad Fur Day. Lets welcome conker to collect the award. (Conker enters) Kiss my a**! (Conker then leaves the stage) Well a** too conker.

Next up is the best Playstation game and this should be interesting. Even though the PS2 is here the Playstation does supply some pretty good games. Now here are the nominees for best Playstation game (Everyone looks at screen again) WWF Smackdown 2...Tomb raider 2...Final Fantasy VII... Final Fantasy IX... Tony Hawk 2... Metal gear Solid... Tomb Raider 2... Doom. And the winner is Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2. What a great game. And Mr. Hawk cannot except this award as he has injured himself during a trick. It was called trying to change a lightbulb. Doh!

2 down and 14 more to go. Now we all know how well the Sega Dreamcast did don't we now. It did so good it made a cereal box look like the perfect console. But seriously folks it did have some good games and we are here to find out the best one so here it is. the nominees for best Dreamcast game are Sonic Adventure...Virtua Tennis... Jet Set Radio... Shenmue... Virtua Tennis 2... Sega Bass Fishing. And the winner is Shenmue. Because we have no idea who created Shenmue we are going to send the award to a random spot in Australia.

Now after that I think we will have the best Gameboy Advance game. The gameboy advance is 32 bit and has given us some great classics from the past like Super Mario Advance but made them even better. But anyway the nominees for the best Gameboy Advance game are Sonic Advance... Wario Land 4... Crash Bandicoot... Doom. So the winner of this award is Sonic Advance. Here is Sonic to collct the award. (Zoom as Sonic speeds off with the award at light speed out of the building.) Long Speech.

Now I think one of the worlds most loved consoles which has been around for quite some time is next. Yes that's right it is time for the PS2 best game award. It has some of the best games graphic wise and also some brought out for other consoles. So here it is the Best PS2 game and the nominees are Metal Gear Solid 2... Grand Theft Auto 3... Ico... Jak and Daxter... WWF Smackdown Just Bring it. And to my surprise and yours the winner is.... Grand Theft Auto 3. None of the makers of GTA3 can be here as they are in jail right now for stealing cars.

The most powerful console in the world and also the newest one is up next with games from other consoles and also a few of its own. Yep it's the Microsoft X Box and here it is. The nominees for best X Box game are Halo... Amped... Jet Set Radio Future... Fusion Frenzy... Project Gotham Racing. And the winner of this award is Halo. Sadly the makers of Halo are too busy to make it here so we will get someone to give the award to them when we feel like it.

After all of that I think it's time for a little break but be back for part two and we will have the best platformer, sport and shoot 'em up game award.

Advertisement..... Gaming 24:7 Gameboy advance. Buy gameboy advance now at Comet and we will give you a free mother in law. Please buy a gameboy advance now!

Now we are back and it is time for the best platformer on any console (WHOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH COME ON HALO!!!) a stupid gimp from the crowd shouts out. He's probably drunk... or he's David Beckham. Anyway here are the nominees for best platformer. Super Mario 64... Wario Land 4... Sonic Adventure 2... Jak and Daxter... Banjo Kazooie... Conker's Bad Fur Day. And the winner is that red capped plumber. Mario. And here is Mario to claim his award.(Mario walks up to claim his prize) Mama Mia thank you all and Luigi for not featuring in the game. Speaking of Luigi I think the main reason for winning this award was because he didn't star in the game. Thank You. (Mario leaves stage)Thanks Mario.

Now I think it is time for the best beat 'em up and no I' m not talking about Jerry Springer. Here are the nominees for best beat 'em up. Super Smash Brothers... The Bouncer... Soul Calibur... Tekken Tag Tounament... Tekken 3... Capcom vs SNK... and a SNES game (ODD) Street Fighter Turbo 2. The winner of the Best beat 'em up is Tekken Tag Tounament. Here is Law to collect he award. (Law backflips his way in) Cheers man. And thank you everyone! (He then walks off followed by 10 black robed ninjas.)

After all this excitement I think it's time for our special guests tonight. Everyone lets give a nice warm welcome to Mario and Luigi. YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! (Mario enters first and takes a bow then pushes his brother out of the way) Hello everyone. Mama Mia does it feel great to win an award tonight and I just hope my brother wins in the Most wanted game award. (Luigi steps up) I would like to say... Shut up Luigi. Anyway here are the nominees for best shoot 'em up. (Everyone looks at the huge screen while Mario bops one right on Luigi's nose.) Quake 3... Perfect Dark... Halo... and Goldeneye... 007 Agent Under Fire...Half Life... Medal Of Honour Allied Assault. And the winner is Halo yet again. WOW! We will give this award to them as soon as possible (turns round and whispers) Yeah right.

Now next we shall have the best Racing game followed immediately by the best Action Adventure game. So firstly lets welcome back Mario to tell us the nominees. (Mario enters) The nominees for best Racing game are Super Mario Kart 64... Mario Kart:Super Circuit... F Zero X... Crazy Taxi 2... Burnout... Grand Turismo 3... Metropolis Street Racer. And the award goes to Grand Turismo 3. Don't worry I'll give the award to the makers right away.
Wow thanks Mario.

Now the nominees for best Action Adventure games are Legend of Zelda Oracle of ages... Conkers Bad Fur Day... Shenmue 2... Zelda Oracle Of Ages... Zelda Ocarina of Time... Jak and Daxter. And the winner is Zelda Oracle of the ages. This will get sent by 1st class mail as I am taking it along with the other award right now.

Thank you Mario. How kind of you (Mario walks off with the two awards laughing and shouts out sucker. The sound of running and driving off in a car can be heard outside.) Okay then... the nominees for best sports game are WWF Smackdown Just Bring It... Pro Evolution Soccer... fifa 2002... Tony Hawk 2... World Championship Snooker. And the winner is. Well one of my favourite football games. Pro Evolution Soccer.And I will give it to the England team right away and they can retend they have won a trophy for once.

Now here to reveal the most wanted game since his brother has left for Mexico. Its Luigi. (Absolute silence and someone coughs.) Mama Mia I've just flown in from Italy and boy are my arms tired. (Absolute silence.) Oh come on people! Anything! Please!!!! Fine the award for most wanted game goes to Super Smash Brothers Melee. (Luigi runs off crying)

Only three left to go now and next is one of my favourites. Not my favourite games but the funniest award. The nominees for worst game are WWF Royal Rumble... Super Mario Advance... FIFA 2002... Project Gotham Racing... Bob the Builder. And the winner. Or loser in fact is Bob The Builder. But I've just heard the makers of Bob the Builder are too embarressed to collect their award and will give it to charity. Ahhhhh! That's nice.

Now steering away from the games a minute it is time for the best character. And the nominees are Mario... Wario... Sonic... Solid Snake... Maria (Solid Snake)... Joanna Dark. And the order going from least votes to most is Joanna Dark, Wario and Maria (Silent Hill 2) last... Sonic the coolest hedgehog around third... Mario second... and finally Solid Snake has won. Now he would accept the award but he is on a secret mission right now. And if I were to tell you what it was I'd have to kill you all.

Now our last award and also the best one. It's time for the best overall game on any console. And the nominees are Metal Gear Solid 2... Perfect Dark... Halo... Grand Theft Auto 3... Sonic Advance... Grand Turismo 3... Medal Of Honour. And the winner of the best overall game on any console is Metal Gear Solid 2. And as I have said before Smake is on a mission and if I told you what one it was I'd have to kill you.

Anyway thank you all you have been a great audience and I hope to see you next year. Goodbye.

Cheers for reading this guys. Ghost Killer
Wed 03/04/02 at 15:20
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Thanks to everyone who voted yesterday. You made all this possible.
Wed 03/04/02 at 17:38
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Tell me if you were surprised or not about the winners.
Wed 03/04/02 at 18:41
Regular
it was an interesting read but i am confused how MGS2 can be voted Best Game on all formats when it didn't win best game on PS2 surely it should be GTA3 or HALO
Wed 03/04/02 at 18:44
Regular
"I Control All Pikmi"
That is what people voted.
Wed 03/04/02 at 18:44
thats what i was saying in the voting bit
Wed 03/04/02 at 18:48
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
It was theie choice not mine or yours.
Wed 03/04/02 at 18:49
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Or Reading FC!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.