GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA Prices"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/10/02 at 16:06
Regular
Ok i know Nintendo want to make some money and that but why is it that the price of the GBA fluctuates all across the world?
I think that £70 for a hand held games console is a rip off! Come on if we fork out an extra £60 then we can have the second most powerful games console out, a lovely Gamecube!

I bought a GB Colour when they first came out for about £30 abroad! more than half the price it is in the UK. Yeah if it goes wrong, which it most likely wont, we have to send it to Nintendo Fix Shop in the UK which means a few weeks without some game playing but it dosent really matter!

Why are countries like the UK, USA, Australia etc being conned out of money that will pay for games and other countries get to pay a heck of a lot less than the R.R.P? Also £30 for a GBA game? I can buy a new PC game for that proce which has loads bigger levels, better graphics etc! Mayb a price of £20 would be better!

Finally WHY BRING OUT A NEW COLOUR like Platinum ages after the GBA has been released, most people ahve a GBA and wont have the need to buy another one!

Write back with your comments!

Jon
Wed 16/10/02 at 16:06
Regular
Ok i know Nintendo want to make some money and that but why is it that the price of the GBA fluctuates all across the world?
I think that £70 for a hand held games console is a rip off! Come on if we fork out an extra £60 then we can have the second most powerful games console out, a lovely Gamecube!

I bought a GB Colour when they first came out for about £30 abroad! more than half the price it is in the UK. Yeah if it goes wrong, which it most likely wont, we have to send it to Nintendo Fix Shop in the UK which means a few weeks without some game playing but it dosent really matter!

Why are countries like the UK, USA, Australia etc being conned out of money that will pay for games and other countries get to pay a heck of a lot less than the R.R.P? Also £30 for a GBA game? I can buy a new PC game for that proce which has loads bigger levels, better graphics etc! Mayb a price of £20 would be better!

Finally WHY BRING OUT A NEW COLOUR like Platinum ages after the GBA has been released, most people ahve a GBA and wont have the need to buy another one!

Write back with your comments!

Jon
Wed 16/10/02 at 16:36
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I think that £70 is a fairly decent price to pay for a GBA, mine cost £90 back on release day so people should be pleased.

but

I agree that the GBA games are far too expensive and this has put me off at times when another tenner can buy you a GC game!

I think that the GBA games should be £25 at most, (as the old GB games used to be) instead of £35 in some cases.

And in regards to the colour bringing out more colour's may intise more people to buy a GBA. In some cases many people trad in there old GBA for a new colour (like many did for the black GBA)!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.