GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/10/02 at 16:59
Regular
(Sorry for the poor title i could think of anything else)

Gaming has become a viable industry as computing power increases. The standard today is 3D worlds with 3D creatures in a real time environment such as the most successful game of all time, Doom and its successor Quake. But is this it? What will the future hold?

Neural networks are being used in games even today, but hold great potential as the ground is broken in new territories. There is a gap right now in processing power, software standards and hardware interfacing between today’s state of the art games and full-immersion virtual worlds like those found in Star Trek: The Next Generation’s holodeck. Neural networks and especially artificial life will play a major role in things to come.

When it comes to making money, video games are running rings around music and movies. But that doesn't mean all games are created equal. Some games are created to please the eyes of the audience, some to please the mind of the audinece and others are basically there to keep us amused. Some games take months to plan and others take years, and sometimes the ones that take months are better than the ones that take years.

We've all heard... **NEW CONSOLE BEST EVER** but is it? in all cases no its not, as they have to plan the new one just weeks after the release or even during the making of the "new release" If it really is the best ever why does it need to be updated? Yes, to make more profit but it doesnt half annoy people around the world.

Gaming companies should be more flexible with there consoles, and instead of bringing out a new console, they should create one which can be updated to play the new types of games etc.

MEGA DRIVE---> MEGA DRIVE 2 Any need.. no -----> MEGA CD Sega went down hill.. the day of it release.
SNES -----> Had a cd add-on planned but was never releaed.
N64 ----------> 64DD Was planned but soon was destroyed.

And there are just a few idea gone to waste,
Mega Cd could have been amazing, but Sega destroyed it and brought out the Saturn... enough said.

SNES... Nintendos best console.. a cd add on would have made them
un-beatable.. instead created the N64.. and now the Gamecube.

Sony, and Microsoft are already planning a new console for release which is stupid. They should do as i've said and create an updatable one, which would be alot more popualar in my view

Thank you for reading my topic
**Bazzman has spoken**
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:41
Bazzman wrote:
> Rabbit Killer wrote:
> Boss_Pac_Man wrote:
> "blinx- the world first 4D platformer"
>
> uh-hu, sure, whatever. 4D. of course.
>
> HAHAHA u wanna bet read official xbox mag you have full time control
> as time is the 4th dimension
>
> oh so in this game if im about to die, i can stop time and walk around
> until i find life so i can carry on

i dont really know but it looks good
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:31
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Rabbit Killer wrote:
> Boss_Pac_Man wrote:
>
>
> HAHAHA u wanna bet read official xbox mag you have full time control
> as time is the 4th dimension

oh so in this game if im about to die, i can stop time and walk around until i find life so i can carry on
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:30
Boss_Pac_Man wrote:
>

HAHAHA u wanna bet read official xbox mag you have full time control as time is the 4th dimension
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:23
"+ suspicious minds"
"blinx- the world first 4D platformer"

uh-hu, sure, whatever. 4D. of course.
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:19
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
mikelar wrote:
> well if Disney say it's true... ;)
>
> I know what your saying Bazzman.
>
> good post.

:D thanx
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:18
Regular
"Selected"
well if Disney say it's true... ;)

I know what your saying Bazzman.

good post.
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:16
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
no its feeling.. in Disney World in florida.. the Honey I shrunk the kids rife is 4D as you feel what happens

eg. a dog sneezes.. you get wet.
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:13
Regular
"Selected"
that dosn't make sense.

the 4th dimension is time - nothing to do with feeling.

*didn't do physics at a level for nothing*
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:10
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
4D is impossible... 4D is where u feel it.. like if a game character jumped in water you'd get wet too
Wed 16/10/02 at 17:09
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Rabbit Killer wrote:
> the first ever 4D platformer

Isn't that impossible?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.