GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Silent Hill XBOX vs Silent Hill PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Silent Hill'.
Wed 16/10/02 at 19:06
Regular
What are the differences between the XBOX and PS2 versions of Silent Hill 2?
Thu 17/10/02 at 20:32
Regular
There's 6 different endings on the XBOX version.
And there's an extra mini-game (haven't played it yet) called: "Born From A Wish".
And you play a bit as Maria.
The graphics are virtually identical to the PS2 version - but it looked good anyway.
Thu 17/10/02 at 19:39
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
garbe123 wrote:
I think the Xbox has 2 extra endings
> taking it to 4 different endings which can be achieved by doing
> certain things during the game.

I think the PS2 had 4 endings, could have been 5.
Thu 17/10/02 at 17:05
Regular
Sorry I haven't recieved the game yet but should do either tomorrow or Saturday (my birthday Yeee). I have read numerous opinions and reviews and as Adrian said the graphics are sharper and a lot of the fog has been improved. 5.1 is included for the audio in the game which apparently is amazing! There is a whole new scenario where you play as Maria in a sub part in the game and there are also a couple more special weapons to be unlocked. I think the Xbox has 2 extra endings taking it to 4 different endings which can be achieved by doing certain things during the game.

The PS2 version was great bu the Xbox version has taken it a step further and improved the game a lot. New graphics, new mode, extra weapons, 5.1 surround sound and more endings make the Xbox version apparently quite a bit better than the PS2 version. I will give a full review and comments once I have played the game.
Thu 17/10/02 at 15:52
The PS2 version was absolutely marvellous so if the Xbox version improves on anything more than graphics it has to be a top purchase.
Wed 16/10/02 at 19:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I think they have upgraded the graphics a tiny bit. XBox version has a whole new mode to it, that lets you play as Maria in her own adventure. If you have the PS2 version then its not really worth getting the XBox version as well unless your a big fan of the game. Or maybe trade in the PS2 version for the XBox version.
Wed 16/10/02 at 19:09
Regular
Ask Garbe, he'll know.

Better graphics for sure i reckon.
Wed 16/10/02 at 19:06
What are the differences between the XBOX and PS2 versions of Silent Hill 2?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.