GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LAN JAM Video Games Programme"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/10/02 at 22:43
Regular
First of all, this is for 14's and under, so don't get your hopes up if you're 15 plus. Those at the right age, however, step this way.

LAN JAM TV are searching the country to find the most hardcore gamers and pit them against each other in a tournament on CiTV to win prizes. Don't let me tell you though, read this e-mail I received:
-----
LAN JAM

Thank you for applying to take part in this show. LAN JAM is a new video gaming show that will be on CiTV from the start of next year.

We need top gamers to take part in knockout rounds to win prizes. In each show there are 4 contestants who play games against each other. At the end of each game the worst player is knocked out until there is one winner left.

If you want to take part you need to be;

· 14 or under
· Free to come to the filming on one of the following dates, Thursday 14th November, Friday 15th November or Saturday 16th November. Thursday and Friday are school days so make sure you can take the day off. The filming will be in our studios in London and you must make your own way there.
· You will have to attend an audition to test your gaming skills at our office in London next week on either Tuesday 22nd October or Friday 25th October in the afternoon. Most schools are on half term so that should not be a problem. If you can’t make either of these days we might be able to arrange another time for you.
· We also need your parent’s permission for you to take part. Please leave your parents number below and should your application be successful we will call to arrange an audition. Or they can call us on 020 8969 1212 (ext 227 or 224) and ask to speak to Cheryl or Nicole.

If we haven’t called you by Monday 21st October, it is likely that you have been unsuccessful in your application – we only have a limited number of spaces!

QUESTIONAIRE
(Please type answers below):

Your age & Date of Birth:

Your parents phone number:
(Please make sure you have their permission before giving us this number)

Where you live:

What consoles you play on:

What your favourite games are:

What celebrity would you like to play against and what game would you play:

All applications must be returned to us by email this Friday.
If you’ve typed in your answers above just click on reply and Good Luck!
-----
All you have to do is return the questionairre to [email protected]

Simple, eh?
Mon 21/10/02 at 11:35
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Whitestripes wrote:
> I'd do it but firstly I turned 16 about a month ago

Yeah, but it was excluding 15yr olds too, so you've already been barred for a year.

14yr old hardcore gamers...

*Starts snickering to himself*
Mon 21/10/02 at 01:02
id luv to try it but ill be in florida livin it large... oh well i would of one any way and made them all look bad.

LOL
Mon 21/10/02 at 00:57
Regular
I'd do it but firstly I turned 16 about a month ago, and secondly I don't want to be on TV.
Sun 20/10/02 at 20:59
maddmun wrote:
> ye trying to say that isnae hardcore

Yes. Unlike you, who is just trying to successfully say anything. :P

Playing games from 3-14? Tis nothing, there are people about who were playing games before you were even conceieved, and continue to do so today. Plus there isn't a cat's chance in hell that you teeny boppers even come close to the might of the twenty-something (honest ;)) legion. ;)

To put that in layman's:

U IZ DOGMEAT COZ I IZ 1 MEEN MUVVA @ GAMING

'Nuff said? ;)
Sun 20/10/02 at 16:57
Regular
jes coz yer under 15 doesnt mean ye cannae be a hardcore gamer, ive been playing games since i was 3 & a 1/2 and im now 14, ye trying to say that isnae hardcore
Fri 18/10/02 at 03:02
gerrid wrote:
> Doubt it. I bet there is a 14 year old somewhere who could beat you at
> Xena Warrior Princess 64.

Blah... it'd take 15mins of my zen master ability to absorb knowledge, and I'd be rocking them all over the shop in my tight leather skirt, coz that's how excellent I am. ;)
Thu 17/10/02 at 21:04
Regular
I'm really not sure about the LAN JAM name.. sounds a bit stupid, doesn't it? But if any of you guys are under 15, then I bet you could whihihihipp anything any other people could offer!
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I presume it is a LAN party, otherwise it is a really stupid name.
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:24
Regular
They better be damn good or this is really stupid to call them hardcore :p Oh and whys it called LAN JAM? They playing on a network on PC's or something? Or is it a stupid name they didnt think twice about?
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Doubt it. I bet there is a 14 year old somewhere who could beat you at Xena Warrior Princess 64.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.