GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Installing N64 in a car"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/10/02 at 13:01
Regular
Hello all

I'm going to put my N64 in my car and was wondering if any of you had done this before. The first plan is to install a power inverter that takes 12V DC and steps it up to 240V AC so I can plug in the power unit like you would in a house. However, it seems strange to have to step up the voltage when the Nintendo power pack brings it down again.

Anyone have any ideas about how to do this without using the inverter and Nintendo power pack?
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:16
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
probably in the seat headrests , or between the seats , or on the ceiling !
that would be cool !
Fri 18/10/02 at 18:18
Regular
"Festivus!"
God, good idea mate... but i really couldn't be bothered to do anything like this... one question - where is the screen going to o?
Fri 18/10/02 at 16:49
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
haven't got a clue , sorry mate.
Thu 17/10/02 at 14:32
Why not? I don't use it much at home and I go on long car journey's with friends. It's ideal for a car as it wouldn't suffer from vibration. I know a lot about car audio installation and know how to connect it to my stereo, how to install the screens etc. I was hoping there was someone here who knew if I could power the N64 from 12V direct.

I already chat on a car audio site and there only seems to be the inverter solution.
Thu 17/10/02 at 13:05
Regular
"aliens exist"
firstly a question,,,,,,,,,, why?

secondly, try buying a magazine like maxpower or revs or try their website, they always have features on mods and many ppl have PS2's int heir car, so they can probably tell u everything u need to know,

also, on the nitendo front i think last months Oficial Nintendo magazine had a feature in it where they did a mod to a SAXO (in aprtnership with amx power i think) where they installed two gamecubes, so you could try contacting them for help about who to contact,
if that makes any sense
Thu 17/10/02 at 13:01
Hello all

I'm going to put my N64 in my car and was wondering if any of you had done this before. The first plan is to install a power inverter that takes 12V DC and steps it up to 240V AC so I can plug in the power unit like you would in a house. However, it seems strange to have to step up the voltage when the Nintendo power pack brings it down again.

Anyone have any ideas about how to do this without using the inverter and Nintendo power pack?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.