GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"60Hz NTSC for gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/04/02 at 09:50
Regular
just read that the gamecube will boot up with 60Hz NTSC if u press b as it`s loading up.
so????
don`t we use PAL. wot does it mean for us. wot does it do and it says the gamecube is the only console to do this.
Tue 02/04/02 at 09:50
just read that the gamecube will boot up with 60Hz NTSC if u press b as it`s loading up.
so????
don`t we use PAL. wot does it mean for us. wot does it do and it says the gamecube is the only console to do this.
Tue 02/04/02 at 10:41
Regular
You can get 60hz on most new TV's, it gives a smoother picture and some other technical rubbish, basically it makes the picture look better.
Tue 02/04/02 at 11:09
shame i dont have a ntsc tv. doenst it make the framerate better?
Tue 02/04/02 at 19:08
Regular
"Foos Rock"
The Dreamcast also had 60Hz NTSC, it's supposed to lower slowdown and and give a smoother picture. But the difference is about the same as the difference between a RF unit and a not particually good scart lead.
Wed 03/04/02 at 18:20
Regular
"Back For Good"
The 60hz mode does wonders for some games, Dead or Alive 2 (PS2) has borders and slowdown on 50hz but in 60hz mode the whole screen is full and runs at the intended speed, I don't know if all Gamecube games will support the feature but the more the better :-)
Wed 03/04/02 at 21:54
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
The Dreamcast actually runs in PAL 60hz, not NTSC (unless you use an NTSC game of course) so the GC will hopefully do the same. So as long as your set can take a 60hz signal (most modern ones can) you'll be fine
Wed 03/04/02 at 22:36
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
The 60Hz option is not something special.

Not because it doesn't improve games to no end, removing borders, increasing speed, and making the game play exactly as it was meant to... but because it should be standard on all consoles anyway!

Any console that doesn't support it as standard in all games (like the PS2 which has few games to support 60-mode, and even those that do aren't optmised to reap the benefits of the mode), just demonstrates the manufacturers contempt for UK gamers.

The mode is brilliant, and, when implimented correctly (as on the DC), really makes a lot of difference- especially for fighters.
Fri 05/04/02 at 10:59
Regular
"keep your receipt"
The Hz of a television is how often the picture is refreshed and scanned in again. The PAL standard (although we are moving away from it now) is 50hz, and if you look closely you can see flicker and watching programmes for long periods puts strain on your eyes. The new 100Hz TVs refresh the screen 100 times a second (I think) producing no flicker and less strain on your eyes.

-M-
Fri 05/04/02 at 11:01
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Huh? Is that true that PAL GameCubes can play NTSC games?
Of course your TV will have to be NTSC 3.58 compatible but if that can be confirmed then YES!

-M-
Fri 05/04/02 at 18:53
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
messiah_4_ever wrote:
The new 100Hz TVs refresh the screen 100 times a
> second (I think)

Errrr... maybe you want to rewrite that!

Anyway, PAL GC's DO NOT play NTSC games... they play PAL games at 60Hz. Something that was standardised on the Dreamcast, and should have been standard on every console since!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.