GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Dreamcube??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/10/02 at 15:14
Regular
Hey what would happen if Nintendo and Sega joined forces to make Dreamcube! The ultimate console.

Let me just point out a few things that could prove this true.
Nintendo themselves say that The Game Cube will be Nintendo’s last console, perhaps this is true because Nintendo and Sega will join forces to make a console, therefore not tactically a Nintendo console.
Next, perhaps Sega are going third party plainly to gain loads of cash to found such a great project. Not only will it found the project, but also gain a fan base. In time to come every gamer should have played at least one decent Sega nextgen game. Which means they’ll fall in love with Sega. Simple as that.

Perhaps Nintendo are selling off all their big companies that spend years making games, and are starting to buy little developers and assigning them to the job of making games for the next console. This could be funded by both Sega AND the money from Rare, not to mention from the Cube and GBA.

Ok, say this is all true. Who wouldn’t buy a Dreamcube? I know for a fact I would buy it. Regardless to it’s price. Sega, and Nintendo, on one console?! We’re talking supremacy, we’re talking perfection. There isn’t one gamer in the whole gaming world who doesn’t like either one of those developers. I want some one here to honestly say they wouldn’t buy the Dreamcube, and who would honestly say they hate both Nintendo and Sega.

Also think of the damned games that would come out. Think of Mario with Sonic in it. I mean, say they are planning this already, and they are developing games for the console already, with the speed and excellence of both developers we could see around 20 games ON RELEASE DAY.

Facing the facts, this isn’t true. And probably won’t ever happen. But I think it should. I mean, the Dream Cube would be a revolution in gaming. It would sell better than the PS2, the Dreamcast, the Xbox and the Game Cube put together. And no one can deny that it wouldn’t sell this well.
Thu 17/10/02 at 20:11
I too, had the DC and I now have the GC, and I love both.

If only Capcom would make a Powerstone 3!

If only!

(:)
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:26
Regular
"¬_¬"
Dark Mark wrote:
> "I want some one here to honestly say they wouldn’t buy the
> Dreamcube, and who would honestly say they hate both Nintendo and
> Sega."
>
>
>
> I'd buy it, but the thousands of Sony and Microsoft fanboys certainly
> wouldn't.
>
> (Goatboy, I'm looking in your general direction, lol)

I'd buy it. In fact, I'd buy any console produced by two merged companies. Be it Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo and Microsoft or Sega and Microsoft. In fact, I think a Microsoft - Sega buyout is on the cards, judging by Microsoft's present 'shopping spree' status.

Heh heh.
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If it had Shenmue III, and Zelda, I would buy it.
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:12
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
Bazzman wrote:
> Hey what would happen if Nintendo and Sega joined forces to make
> Dreamcube! The ultimate console.
would be the Dream Console no doubt about It.
> Let me just point out a few things that could prove this true.
> Nintendo themselves say that The Game Cube will be Nintendo’s last
> console,
They did not say that, Satoru Iwata said Nintendo want to make better games as games are what consoles sucess are all about
> this is true because Nintendo and Sega will join forces to make a console.
That would just be admitting defeat on Nintendo's part.
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:06
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
Thats like saying the Microsony playbox will be class.
If you tempt fate it may not come true,

*Hopes and Prays*
Thu 17/10/02 at 16:30
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:

> Unless, of course, Nintendo and SEGA joined up just to produce
> software, which would be a thrilling thought indeed.

They already have, SEGA and Nintendo are producing the next F-Zero game together.
Thu 17/10/02 at 16:21
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Bazzman wrote:
> christ! i didnt know it was so bad to have an idea.. sorry for
> botherin and then people complain that no one makes creative posts
> anymore

I wasnt criticising your idea at all, just stating my opinion!
Thu 17/10/02 at 16:11
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
christ! i didnt know it was so bad to have an idea.. sorry for botherin and then people complain that no one makes creative posts anymore
Thu 17/10/02 at 16:10
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Sega weren't good at marketing their console, if you ask me they released them at bad times, and thats why they have quit the console world and gone to creating games(Something which they are excellent at) I think the the consoles should be left to Nintendo and Sony, and even Microsoft to an extent, but Sega's place is making games.
Besides who needs a dreamcube when sega are already making games for the cube, whats the difference!?
Thu 17/10/02 at 15:50
Regular
"everyone says it"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Crazy Dark
> Sonic Zelda
> Super Mario Pro Trucker
> Virtua Smash Bros
>
> The list goes on...

It doesn't need to. I am already sold. When are they out? Two weeks later on Gamecube yeah? :DDD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.