GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats Next?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/10/02 at 16:47
Regular
Has anyone seen the film eXistence? Basically it was about a virtual gameplay world which people competed in tasks or lived out alternate realities in. I know the idea seems a little stupid and unbeleivable but hear me out.

100 years ago, before the inventions of the gaming world as we know it, few people thought it possible to make games as involving as Zelda:Ocarina of time or Resident Evil, yet today we take things like that for granted. Think back even further, the invention of the TV, a normal thing to us but to see pictures from a remote destination. Few people ever thought it possible and there were many sceptics who couldnt understand it. Now people say we have reached out inventive and creative limits in this day and age, however I disagree. We are forever improving our society and lifestyles and I feel the same way about gaming.

I know that science is improving everyday - new cures for diseases and so forth and modern science would play a part in a virtual reality system which places your mind into the game, you can get shot, run over or fall from a building and remain unharmed as your body has no part in the game.
I know 99.9% of people beleive this will never happen, and perhaps it would be a bad thing if it did, people could abuse the concept and so on, but I beleive it will be possible one day and people should open their eyes and beleive rather than blinkering themselves to what they heard other people saying.
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:43
Regular
"bit of a brain"
eXistenZ is great. But it's no Battle Royale. Or Ring, or Don't be a menace...
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:39
Regular
"not dead"
Indeed I have seen the film, and thought it was excellent, but I think we're quite a distance from THAT kind of gaming.
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:33
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Will someone please comment on my post? thanks!
Thu 17/10/02 at 16:47
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Has anyone seen the film eXistence? Basically it was about a virtual gameplay world which people competed in tasks or lived out alternate realities in. I know the idea seems a little stupid and unbeleivable but hear me out.

100 years ago, before the inventions of the gaming world as we know it, few people thought it possible to make games as involving as Zelda:Ocarina of time or Resident Evil, yet today we take things like that for granted. Think back even further, the invention of the TV, a normal thing to us but to see pictures from a remote destination. Few people ever thought it possible and there were many sceptics who couldnt understand it. Now people say we have reached out inventive and creative limits in this day and age, however I disagree. We are forever improving our society and lifestyles and I feel the same way about gaming.

I know that science is improving everyday - new cures for diseases and so forth and modern science would play a part in a virtual reality system which places your mind into the game, you can get shot, run over or fall from a building and remain unharmed as your body has no part in the game.
I know 99.9% of people beleive this will never happen, and perhaps it would be a bad thing if it did, people could abuse the concept and so on, but I beleive it will be possible one day and people should open their eyes and beleive rather than blinkering themselves to what they heard other people saying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.