GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody Summer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/04/02 at 01:58
Regular
No not a new teen horror movie, this is my summer time rant. I hate summer for a few reasons, the sun rises early, annoyingly early. It wakes up the birds which insist on perching on the wire outside my window, and their constant twittering wakes me up at 4:40am on the dot.

Furthermore summer means pollen, to hayfever sufferers this is a disaster. Now i wake up at 8:00am on the dot again after being woken up by the birds at 4:40 with a running nose and streaming eyes. Brilliant.

Moreover increased daylight leads to the thugs roaming the streets for more hours, they have homes to go to like the rest of us, tell them to bloody go there.

Thanks for being a shoulder to cry on.

Over and out.
Tue 02/04/02 at 01:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
No not a new teen horror movie, this is my summer time rant. I hate summer for a few reasons, the sun rises early, annoyingly early. It wakes up the birds which insist on perching on the wire outside my window, and their constant twittering wakes me up at 4:40am on the dot.

Furthermore summer means pollen, to hayfever sufferers this is a disaster. Now i wake up at 8:00am on the dot again after being woken up by the birds at 4:40 with a running nose and streaming eyes. Brilliant.

Moreover increased daylight leads to the thugs roaming the streets for more hours, they have homes to go to like the rest of us, tell them to bloody go there.

Thanks for being a shoulder to cry on.

Over and out.
Tue 02/04/02 at 02:03
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
yeah i agree with you a 100% im a hayfever sufferer myself and when the pollen out its a nightmare thankful i dont hear the bird though as im quite a good sleeper.
Tue 02/04/02 at 02:32
Regular
I have a permanent cold all through out the summer...

Dont usually go to sleep till sunrise in the summer though...the birds singing is usually a reminder to tell me to go to sleep...
Tue 02/04/02 at 02:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well i have a surprise for those birdies, my brother recently bought a BB gun, and they will be the worse for wear.
Tue 02/04/02 at 02:43
I would agree with Ortega's comments on birds. Whenever I'm habitually up to the sorts of hours doctors would call unhealthy, I hear the birds too. But what bugs me about summer, and it is just about the only thing, is that a bunch of doves made the crack behind the gutter outside my bedroom their new nest, about three years ago.

So I erected a rudimentary scarecrow out of a snooker cue, brown tape and on old lampshade. It worked pretty well, should anyone have a similar problem.
Tue 02/04/02 at 20:03
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Seinfeld_Enthusiast wrote:
> I would agree with Ortega's comments on birds. Whenever I'm habitually up to the
> sorts of hours doctors would call unhealthy, I hear the birds too. But what
> bugs me about summer, and it is just about the only thing, is that a bunch of
> doves made the crack behind the gutter outside my bedroom their new nest, about
> three years ago.

So I erected a rudimentary scarecrow out of a snooker cue,
> brown tape and on old lampshade. It worked pretty well, should anyone have a
> similar problem.

ROFL i had a similar problem, there was a hole in the wall near the gutter allowing the birds to nest in the cavity walls, boy did they like it in there. So we filled the hole with spray foam. Works 100%.
Tue 02/04/02 at 20:52
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I used to get sore throats (diagnosed as throat infections... nice) at roughly the same time every year until I was 17 during the summer occuring within about a 7 day range on the calender, then one year they stopped happening, and now I get mild hayfever... blooming marvelous.I also don't like it when it gets "muggy" as the weather service says because i can't sleep.
I however prefer to play sports in the warmth and sun rather than the rain and clouds, even though the mess made when playing football (especially the keeper) when its muddy is funny.

(I went to type soccer instead of football back there, whats going on in my brain....)
Wed 03/04/02 at 01:02
ROFL?
Wed 03/04/02 at 14:21
Regular
I love the summer.... i get slight hayfever, but going out each day, air is fresh and sun is gleaming it is VERY nice.
Wed 03/04/02 at 14:41
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I used to get hayfever but it's been getting less each year. I'm usually up at about 5.30 in the summer and take the dogs for a run over the fields great as theres no one about - only trouble is one of our dogs hasn't been 'done' yet and he keeps running off trying to follow the smells of the on heat girlie dogs (it probably wont let me put bi7ches !). - (It didn't)

I love summer - late evenings - bar-e-ques - great stuff.

Bring it on....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.