GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Im getting really hyped up for the Gamecube!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/04/02 at 01:44
Regular
Well i dont really like the games like Mario and stuff like that put i dont know why but im starting to get really hyped up about the Gamecube.
I didnt like the N64 and wasnt bothered about ninty but the Gamecube is really sounding cool.
I dont know if i should buy one though.

What do you reckon???

I liked that post on all the facts so if anyone can make me be even more hyped then have a go.

Tell me everything about it.

Thanks
Sat 06/04/02 at 23:42
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Phi11ip wrote:
> Im not going to get a cube on release. I've got to wait, the launch titles are
> good but what will happen in the future? It could be another N64 for all we
> know.

No it's not you crazy foo'!

:)
Sat 06/04/02 at 22:57
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Im not going to get a cube on release. I've got to wait, the launch titles are good but what will happen in the future? It could be another N64 for all we know.
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:36
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I wish I could get really hyped, but i've got soooooooo much work to do over the next 5 weeks that I can't afford to !

:(
Sat 06/04/02 at 19:56
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Get the hell outa our yard AFX!
Sat 06/04/02 at 16:52
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
AFX wrote:
> ps2 is better, better games and it plays DVD's and the hard drive will make the
> specs a lot better tha the gamecubes when it comes out

AFX, you really don't get it do you? First you say PS2 is better. Then you go on to say that the hard drive for the PS2 will make its specs better than the Gamecube (more on that later), thereby admitting that at the moment Gamecube is better. So which is better m8e, Gamecube or PS2?

The answer is of course, who gives a damn? If a person likes Gamecube and its games over and above PS2s, then they already have the best console, irrespective of what you or others think.

For the record, DVD playback on PS2 sucks (lip sync problems etc.) XBox is by far the better machine for playing DVDs (yes, I do know you own both). Better still is a dedicated DVD player, but then you'd know that wouldn't you?

Then there is the small matter of the PS2 and hard drive. Tell me, how is this going to make the PS2 specs better than the Gamecube? Does it come with a processor and RAM upgrade or something? Or maybe it has super magic powers that only SONY know how to harness? Nothing you say or SONY does is going to make PS2s specs better than Gamecube. All the hard drive will do is make the PS2 "similar" to the almighty XBox (albeit with a bigger hard drive). Besides, the PS2 hard drive will flop, cos' it's an add-on, and add-ons never work out. Nintendo are being smart, and have just made a *GAMES* machine, pure and simple.

You obviously don't like the Gamecube, and don't have your facts right, so why don't you do us all a favour and go back to the PS2 forums where you can spurt out all the fan boy talk you want instead of winding everyone up like you did in your other post begging for info., only to throw it back in their faces.
Sat 06/04/02 at 16:14
Regular
"hit the road jack"
AFX wrote:
> ps2 is better, better games and it plays DVD's and the hard drive will make the

ps2 has been out for 2yrs so it has more selection wait til the cube has been out for 3!
Sat 06/04/02 at 01:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
AFX - Either rename yourself as AFI, and then I might like you, or go to the Sony Ps1/2 forum.

Bit of a biased forum to ask an opinion about GC in isn't it?

BUY IT, BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:01
Why on earth would anyone say that the PS2 is better then the gamecube because it has a DVD player is an idiot, just get the gamecube and as its so cheap just get a DVD player for your TV which will be better then the Xbox player and definitely better then the PS2 one.
Wed 03/04/02 at 21:13
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
AFX, you seem to dislike Gamecube, please if you going to carry on having at it then just don't bother and go !
Wed 03/04/02 at 21:08
AFX wrote:

Not biased in any way then afx!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.