GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RGB SCART LEAD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/10/02 at 18:50
Regular
Thanks to the advice from this forum I bought an offical RGB scart. What a difference it made to the picture. Its so crystal clear!!!

Thanks
Fri 18/10/02 at 21:20
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I had a Madcatz gold scart for mine, it was rubbish compared to the official one.

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 18/10/02 at 20:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Gold really is a crap conducter, the best are Copper and Iron.
Fri 18/10/02 at 20:52
Regular
davidsobell wrote:
> §n][peŽ wrote:
> np i bought a unofficial oen tho..... not playing 25 quid for it but
> it is gold plated and looks the biz.
>
> My electonics teacher said that gold is a crap conductor and that it
> doesnt improve connection when you first buy it, but when other metals
> tarnish (losing picture quality), gold doesnt tarnish therefore never
> losing picture quality.
>
> You learn something new everyday!

I think your teacher was exaggerating in saying that "gold is a crap conducter", since it's one of the best, but no better than, say, Copper. Obviously it's more expensive, but it's always used in expensive chips or high quality cables because it lasts so much longer at a high quality.
Fri 18/10/02 at 02:16
Regular
meehehhe.......
Thu 17/10/02 at 21:10
Regular
"She's a dog!"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> np i bought a unofficial oen tho..... not playing 25 quid for it but
> it is gold plated and looks the biz.

My electonics teacher said that gold is a crap conductor and that it doesnt improve connection when you first buy it, but when other metals tarnish (losing picture quality), gold doesnt tarnish therefore never losing picture quality.

You learn something new everyday!
Thu 17/10/02 at 19:03
Regular
np i bought a unofficial oen tho..... not playing 25 quid for it but it is gold plated and looks the biz.
Thu 17/10/02 at 18:50
Thanks to the advice from this forum I bought an offical RGB scart. What a difference it made to the picture. Its so crystal clear!!!

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.