GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anybody aware of Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland'.
Fri 18/10/02 at 03:37
Regular
Going to ask this before I forget (again). I thought SR would be the best place to post this kind of question, due to the diverse taste in games found here, someone is bound to know.

Have any of you got the slightest idea of what's going on with HM: STH in the UK? It's apparently been out in the US and Japan for a fair stretch of time now, and it looks like those basts at Natsume are doing the same thing to us they did with HM64, neglecting us from it's release.

I'm fairly annoyed about it if that's the case, as it's one thing buying a universal adaptor for cart based systems, but when they single you out on a disc based system it's extremely annoying. Does anyone know if there was a release date ever planned for the title?

See, it's crap like this that makes people install modchips in their consoles, the only thing that's stopped me from doing so thus far is pride / the protective attitude I take over my PS2 given it's a nice new system. I actually used to modify the original PSX systems myself, and even found a workaround to get NTSC region games playing in colour, without the use of a SCART cable (bypass two pins on the board - essentially an easy effort). But I decided on buying the PS2 I wasn't going to dismantle it and do the same. Unfortunately if it's a case of our being neglected again, then I'm giving serious consideration to modding it, just so I can import the games I want to play that the publishers have decided we don't want.

For those of you unfamiliar with either the Harvest Moon series, or just the particular title I'm mentioning, you can find a little more info' along with some screenshots here: www.hmfarm.com.
Fri 18/10/02 at 21:19
"Stupid Newbie :D"
I don't see why they wouldn't release the GC version here Tilta, you should be safe assuming it'll arrive.

I'm not entirely sure why they skip certain titles myself to be honest, HM64 was one, and HM: STH another and those are two pretty decent games from a series of top titles. I'm in total agreement with your comment on quality. I've actually had a mail back from the support dept' of Natsume, short and sweet, was along the lines of "It is unclear if the game will ever be released in Europe". Bunch of pillocks. :/

The PS1 version was "Back to Nature" I believe, and I'm downloa... err, "buying" it as we speak. ;)
Fri 18/10/02 at 21:03
Regular
They better not neglect the release of the Gamecube game in the UK, I won't be pleased. Though it looks like I'm gonna have to get a freeloader to play Animal Crossing so it won't be the end of the world.

The released a Harvest Moon game on PS1 so I can't understand why they wouldn't on the PS2, they're certainly miles better than some of the second rate, rehashed crap that gets released over here.
Fri 18/10/02 at 20:58
WelshMiyamoto wrote:
> Isn't it called Harvest Moon : A wonderful Life,
> Old News anyhow.

No, try actually R E A D I N G the post. Does it say I'm talking about the upcoming Gamecube Harvest Moon? Why, no it doesn't, it says I'm ASKING about a previous PS2 HM game that doesn't appear to have made it to the UK. It wasn't an informative post, so it's not "old news", it was a question - look up the definition.

*rolls eyes*
Fri 18/10/02 at 09:06
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
Isn't it called Harvest Moon : A wonderful Life,
Old News anyhow.
Fri 18/10/02 at 04:31
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Oh Oh, I was aware about that.... lke a couple of months ago.:\

There is going to be a new Eathbound for gamecube. Now that's news.

Go Ness!
Fri 18/10/02 at 03:37
Going to ask this before I forget (again). I thought SR would be the best place to post this kind of question, due to the diverse taste in games found here, someone is bound to know.

Have any of you got the slightest idea of what's going on with HM: STH in the UK? It's apparently been out in the US and Japan for a fair stretch of time now, and it looks like those basts at Natsume are doing the same thing to us they did with HM64, neglecting us from it's release.

I'm fairly annoyed about it if that's the case, as it's one thing buying a universal adaptor for cart based systems, but when they single you out on a disc based system it's extremely annoying. Does anyone know if there was a release date ever planned for the title?

See, it's crap like this that makes people install modchips in their consoles, the only thing that's stopped me from doing so thus far is pride / the protective attitude I take over my PS2 given it's a nice new system. I actually used to modify the original PSX systems myself, and even found a workaround to get NTSC region games playing in colour, without the use of a SCART cable (bypass two pins on the board - essentially an easy effort). But I decided on buying the PS2 I wasn't going to dismantle it and do the same. Unfortunately if it's a case of our being neglected again, then I'm giving serious consideration to modding it, just so I can import the games I want to play that the publishers have decided we don't want.

For those of you unfamiliar with either the Harvest Moon series, or just the particular title I'm mentioning, you can find a little more info' along with some screenshots here: www.hmfarm.com.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.