GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not the best Christmas for Games"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/11/07 at 12:16
Regular
"THFC"
For the past 8 years i reckon, there have been several titles out for a console i own at Christmas time, one i must have and it's first on the list of what i would like to get.

This Christmas i think its a bit weak, i know Mario Galaxy, Mario Sonic Olympics, Assassins Creed are big titles but they are out now, and i have completed most the current games.

The Playstation 3 is going to get stronger in February/March when Battlefield, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil - all the big games are meant to be coming out. Wii i am just waiting for Smash bros Brawl.

I think they could have released a couple of BIG titles that really grab attention. I have Call of Duty 4 and that will keep me going. The only game i wouldnt mind getting is Ratchet and Clank, i was going to buy it Saturday, but might hold out for Christmas.

I am not too sure on the X-box but i have not seen anything which i can imagine being a huge title or a must have. All said there are strong titles all reayd out and enough to keep people going, but you would have thought a few games come out if not just to boost the Console Sales over Christmas time

I am really looking forward to when Sony start getting the RPG genre on the Ps3, some good platformers and improving on games like Call of Duty 4 (that will be a huge feat to accomplish)

Maybe i have missed a couple of titles, or maybe i am just being too narrow minded in what games i want to get to play in my 2 weeks off work. Has anyone else thought this about the titles coming out in the next few weeks??
Sat 01/12/07 at 17:26
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
Dan_Jc wrote:
> Theres also cheap PS3 games out there
>
> Pro Evo 08 - 24.99 (Amazon)
> Virtua Fighter 5 - 14.99 (Gamestation)
> Jericho - 24.99 (Gamestation)

virtua fighter 5 -14.99 dats cheap
Fri 30/11/07 at 22:43
Regular
I'm actually glad we're not seeing a huge tidal wave of AAA titles...it means I can save my money, wait for Christmas to come, then hopefully have the AAA titles I want wrapped inside shiny paper to be opened December 25th...I don't see the point in buying every good game on the day of release...
Fri 30/11/07 at 19:06
Regular
Theres also cheap PS3 games out there

Pro Evo 08 - 24.99 (Amazon)
Virtua Fighter 5 - 14.99 (Gamestation)
Jericho - 24.99 (Gamestation)
Fri 30/11/07 at 19:05
Regular
For the PS3, defo Uncharted Drakes Fortune :)
Fri 30/11/07 at 18:14
Regular
"8==="
A great christmas if you like cheap little second-hand gems. Plenty of 360 titles out there at £9.99 including Just Cause.

Crackdown's only 15 quid now too.
Fri 30/11/07 at 12:16
Regular
"THFC"
For the past 8 years i reckon, there have been several titles out for a console i own at Christmas time, one i must have and it's first on the list of what i would like to get.

This Christmas i think its a bit weak, i know Mario Galaxy, Mario Sonic Olympics, Assassins Creed are big titles but they are out now, and i have completed most the current games.

The Playstation 3 is going to get stronger in February/March when Battlefield, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil - all the big games are meant to be coming out. Wii i am just waiting for Smash bros Brawl.

I think they could have released a couple of BIG titles that really grab attention. I have Call of Duty 4 and that will keep me going. The only game i wouldnt mind getting is Ratchet and Clank, i was going to buy it Saturday, but might hold out for Christmas.

I am not too sure on the X-box but i have not seen anything which i can imagine being a huge title or a must have. All said there are strong titles all reayd out and enough to keep people going, but you would have thought a few games come out if not just to boost the Console Sales over Christmas time

I am really looking forward to when Sony start getting the RPG genre on the Ps3, some good platformers and improving on games like Call of Duty 4 (that will be a huge feat to accomplish)

Maybe i have missed a couple of titles, or maybe i am just being too narrow minded in what games i want to get to play in my 2 weeks off work. Has anyone else thought this about the titles coming out in the next few weeks??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.