GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Idea - The Bloodening"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/04/02 at 15:25
Regular
I had this really cool idea for a game:

The Bloodening, would have the same camera angle and originality of Zelda, including the time idea used in the game (with Link growing up) mixed with the gore and SOME of the weapons of Resident Evil. I think It should also use, for example, the c- stick on the GC controller so that you could attack somewone that is behind you and link the A or B button with the C stick and get a secondary use for the weopon of choice. Another feature would be that you can play as The Evil Side or The Good Side. So you could select a charecter/team to suit you. You could even create your own charecter or put your face on a charecter (like PD was once able to do) using a Digital camera.

Another thing that I belive has been missed in many games like Resident Evil is that you haven't had a level that has a completely different view. If I were making The Bloodening, I'd make it so that 1/2 the levels were in 3rd Person and 1/2 in 1st person shoot em up style, so this would be a game that was an Shoot Em Up Adventure.

The time would effect the game because the game would be set over a large timegap of 200 - 300 years, so you'd be playing as a warrior in 1850, you'd be using sword weopons, then when you get to 2050 you'd be using hi tech Rocket Launchers and Lasers! So because you'd have a past, a present and a future you'd have to play as many different people in many different missions along your journey.
You might even cross paths with old historical events such as the World Wars and have a certain mission to do for It!

The time affect would be like this

Missions set from 1800 - 1900
Weapons: Fists, Sword, Dagger, Throwing Knifes, Spears and Weak Pistols in some of the later missions.

Missions set from 1900 - 1950
Weapons: Weak Pistol, Pistol, Weak Uzi, Early Machine Gun, Throwing Knives, Dagger, PP7, Grenade

Missions set from 1950 - 2000
Weapons: Pistol, PP7, Uzi, Machine Gun, Laser, Rocket Launcher, Grenade, MiniGun, Remote Mines, Shotgun, Handgun

Missions set from 2000 - 2100
Weapons: Silenched PP7, Macine Gun, Laptop Gun, Silenced Uzi, Sentry Gun, Tazer, Sniper Rifle, Lazer PP7

I think you get what I mean!
Anyway, just an Idea i had so if u guys have any other features id like to hear them!
Thu 11/04/02 at 07:14
Regular
"Brrrrr."
With Bullet time...

I LOVE Max Payne - Use some ideas from that...
Mon 01/04/02 at 15:25
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I had this really cool idea for a game:

The Bloodening, would have the same camera angle and originality of Zelda, including the time idea used in the game (with Link growing up) mixed with the gore and SOME of the weapons of Resident Evil. I think It should also use, for example, the c- stick on the GC controller so that you could attack somewone that is behind you and link the A or B button with the C stick and get a secondary use for the weopon of choice. Another feature would be that you can play as The Evil Side or The Good Side. So you could select a charecter/team to suit you. You could even create your own charecter or put your face on a charecter (like PD was once able to do) using a Digital camera.

Another thing that I belive has been missed in many games like Resident Evil is that you haven't had a level that has a completely different view. If I were making The Bloodening, I'd make it so that 1/2 the levels were in 3rd Person and 1/2 in 1st person shoot em up style, so this would be a game that was an Shoot Em Up Adventure.

The time would effect the game because the game would be set over a large timegap of 200 - 300 years, so you'd be playing as a warrior in 1850, you'd be using sword weopons, then when you get to 2050 you'd be using hi tech Rocket Launchers and Lasers! So because you'd have a past, a present and a future you'd have to play as many different people in many different missions along your journey.
You might even cross paths with old historical events such as the World Wars and have a certain mission to do for It!

The time affect would be like this

Missions set from 1800 - 1900
Weapons: Fists, Sword, Dagger, Throwing Knifes, Spears and Weak Pistols in some of the later missions.

Missions set from 1900 - 1950
Weapons: Weak Pistol, Pistol, Weak Uzi, Early Machine Gun, Throwing Knives, Dagger, PP7, Grenade

Missions set from 1950 - 2000
Weapons: Pistol, PP7, Uzi, Machine Gun, Laser, Rocket Launcher, Grenade, MiniGun, Remote Mines, Shotgun, Handgun

Missions set from 2000 - 2100
Weapons: Silenched PP7, Macine Gun, Laptop Gun, Silenced Uzi, Sentry Gun, Tazer, Sniper Rifle, Lazer PP7

I think you get what I mean!
Anyway, just an Idea i had so if u guys have any other features id like to hear them!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.