GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 2 - One week to another Year."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro evolution soccer 2'.
Fri 18/10/02 at 17:19
Regular
Yup.

As long as there are no more slippages in the dates we should all be playing Pro Evo 2 this time next week, not all that long really, yet for some of us its too long.

Now, out there in the gaming world there’s the Fifa fans, the TIF fans and the Pro Evo fans. We all have our own tastes in which of the three we most like to play, with me it’s of course the splendid Pro Evo series.

Now, i have followed this series right from its beginnings, where back then it was known as the ISS series starting on the Nintendo System somewhere. Each new instalment had something improved on it, not just graphically touches, or the odd name change (which they could do with sometimes). Konami always seemed to improve the game play some how, just adding that extra bit that the new consoles allowed them to do to bring the game up to date. And with this, each new game had a massive life span.

Each one has always lasted me at least a year, up to the release of that years ISS/ Pro Evo game. And that’s what so great about the series. It’s a game with the game play to keep you coming back. Every game is different, there isn’t a one way route to goal like so many other football games out there. Just because you can score one way easily in one match doesn’t mean the next team you are playing will be the same. And then, playing mates is even better, you could in theory play a whole season worth of games and everyone would be different, you would get your 0-0, 2-1, 4-4 results and so on. A wonderful series it is.

For the last year i have played Pro Evo more than any other game i currently own, and that’s what so great about it, it keeps you coming back for more, even now, a year on.

So, with Pro Evo 2 coming just over the horizon, another Konami football game is taking over, even with the Fifa and TIF games already out.

Heres to another year of the Pro Evo series
Fri 18/10/02 at 17:19
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yup.

As long as there are no more slippages in the dates we should all be playing Pro Evo 2 this time next week, not all that long really, yet for some of us its too long.

Now, out there in the gaming world there’s the Fifa fans, the TIF fans and the Pro Evo fans. We all have our own tastes in which of the three we most like to play, with me it’s of course the splendid Pro Evo series.

Now, i have followed this series right from its beginnings, where back then it was known as the ISS series starting on the Nintendo System somewhere. Each new instalment had something improved on it, not just graphically touches, or the odd name change (which they could do with sometimes). Konami always seemed to improve the game play some how, just adding that extra bit that the new consoles allowed them to do to bring the game up to date. And with this, each new game had a massive life span.

Each one has always lasted me at least a year, up to the release of that years ISS/ Pro Evo game. And that’s what so great about the series. It’s a game with the game play to keep you coming back. Every game is different, there isn’t a one way route to goal like so many other football games out there. Just because you can score one way easily in one match doesn’t mean the next team you are playing will be the same. And then, playing mates is even better, you could in theory play a whole season worth of games and everyone would be different, you would get your 0-0, 2-1, 4-4 results and so on. A wonderful series it is.

For the last year i have played Pro Evo more than any other game i currently own, and that’s what so great about it, it keeps you coming back for more, even now, a year on.

So, with Pro Evo 2 coming just over the horizon, another Konami football game is taking over, even with the Fifa and TIF games already out.

Heres to another year of the Pro Evo series
Fri 18/10/02 at 17:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
1 week to go now!

It'd better come on the release date as my GAD.

If it doesn't, heads will roll!

:-D
Fri 18/10/02 at 17:34
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yup. Same here, mines on GAD too.

Heard somewhere that SR send GADs by First Class now, i hope so!
Fri 18/10/02 at 17:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Heard somewhere that SR send GADs by First Class now, i hope so!

---

Yup, it is supposed to, but I live in Scotland.

:-S

*Crosses fingers*
Fri 18/10/02 at 17:51
Regular
"es argh"
oooooh, it's only round the corner.

The demo is tarting to annoy me, it's over too quick, I get through about 30 halves of it a night. Well... I used to.

I still can't believe that some people are actually gonna buy FIFA, for probably more than PES2.

I'm not even gonna bother to try and change their minds, for they are only satisfied by winning 7:0 every match.
Fri 18/10/02 at 18:00
Regular
"Hmmm....."
PES2 smells.
Fri 18/10/02 at 18:47
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I've kept away from the demo.
Fri 18/10/02 at 20:08
Regular
"Notable"
(Raises Glass) Well said dear friend. I was playing Pro 2day,and yesterday
and the day B4 and the..........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.