GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you all remember..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/10/02 at 19:00
Regular
Do you all remember this game? Whats that? Yes there was an origial, its probably fallin down the back of you desk or something as you have sadly forgotten about the one game that changed limitations for ever.

I remember my dad getting a PCW magazine and giving me the demo disk, on the disk was TR2 and GTA, I thought (silly me):
"oh a racing game, better give it a go"

To my surprise I had complete control over where I went etc and I even seen people walking down the street, how amazing it all seemed...

"OH JESUS!" I exclaimed as I accidentally lost control of my car and squashed someone.. I liked it.. few seconds later I heard sirens, and on the job was an ambulance, saving that poor persons life, but the sirens continued, and around the corner came a police car which rammed its self in front of me and pulled me out of the car and arrested me..

I was gob smacked, utterly astonished. What a great game. It wasn't long until I was speeding around killing everything i saw, out running police cars and even stealing cars.

I was driving along looking for my next victim, when a phone began ringing. I got out of my car and answered it. I was given a mission by a paying customer to kill someone with a gun, could this game get any better? Then for some reason the game froze and exited, "TIME OVER" A timed demo.. so I did what the next person would do, STARTED AGAIN!!

It wasnt long until the actual game came out and I forced my mum to buy me it (I was only 11-12 i think) I then fired that up where the game began the same and then progressed into better missions and other levels which made the demo seem like a baby's rattle..

GTA what an amazing game the sequel was then released after a long while which wasn't very good, the effects were slightly better and it was played at the same time as you were (night = the game would be at night) and the gangs respect which was sadly left out of the third.. but we all know about the third game so ill stop here.

Grand Theft Auto was the Future of Gaming in my view.

Thank for reading

**Bazzman has spoken**
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:00
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Do you all remember this game? Whats that? Yes there was an origial, its probably fallin down the back of you desk or something as you have sadly forgotten about the one game that changed limitations for ever.

I remember my dad getting a PCW magazine and giving me the demo disk, on the disk was TR2 and GTA, I thought (silly me):
"oh a racing game, better give it a go"

To my surprise I had complete control over where I went etc and I even seen people walking down the street, how amazing it all seemed...

"OH JESUS!" I exclaimed as I accidentally lost control of my car and squashed someone.. I liked it.. few seconds later I heard sirens, and on the job was an ambulance, saving that poor persons life, but the sirens continued, and around the corner came a police car which rammed its self in front of me and pulled me out of the car and arrested me..

I was gob smacked, utterly astonished. What a great game. It wasn't long until I was speeding around killing everything i saw, out running police cars and even stealing cars.

I was driving along looking for my next victim, when a phone began ringing. I got out of my car and answered it. I was given a mission by a paying customer to kill someone with a gun, could this game get any better? Then for some reason the game froze and exited, "TIME OVER" A timed demo.. so I did what the next person would do, STARTED AGAIN!!

It wasnt long until the actual game came out and I forced my mum to buy me it (I was only 11-12 i think) I then fired that up where the game began the same and then progressed into better missions and other levels which made the demo seem like a baby's rattle..

GTA what an amazing game the sequel was then released after a long while which wasn't very good, the effects were slightly better and it was played at the same time as you were (night = the game would be at night) and the gangs respect which was sadly left out of the third.. but we all know about the third game so ill stop here.

Grand Theft Auto was the Future of Gaming in my view.

Thank for reading

**Bazzman has spoken**
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:12
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
um..POP!!
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:14
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I remember my first game on GTA, I played it, loved it, played it again, adored it. I spend about 4 hours playing the first level, not really the missions but just killing and fleeing! It paved the way (In my view) for such games as "Driver" "Gangsters" and numerous other crime related games. The simplistic graphics didnt matter because the gameplay was astonishing, wow. Thanks for bringing this memory back to me!
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:15
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
you are very welcome!! :D nice to know someone plays the same games as me! :P
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:18
hey bazz you like GTA dont you?
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:21
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
lol yeah i was playin it before as the cd was in my linkin park album case for some reason so i started playing it when i thought, its GTA3 or GTA:VC now a days, its about time i reminded people of the old crimer
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:34
lol linkin park GTA hey i cant tell the difference
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:37
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
:P i dont know why it was there!
Fri 18/10/02 at 20:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
I got GTA from Freeloader (crap site though), and I really thought it was fantastic. I got it around the same time as Darkness_2K, Grix and FM I think, and if I remember we used to play online occasionally too.

I got GTA: London too, but I don't rate that as highly.
Fri 18/10/02 at 20:07
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I remember GTA, my mate wanted it but I didn't really know what it was, we just turned up at the shop and he bought it, (we wasn't even 18 either) we went back to his and he put it on, wharra game! I loved it, played for hours on it, the superbikes were too good! Despite crashing them everytime I got close to top speed.

Fab game, Vice city will be good. No, great infact! I'm glad my mate is getting it, wahoo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.