GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Project Gotham"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/04/02 at 11:27
Regular
Hey, I was jus wonderin if any one could give me sum info on project gotham, because i only have 2 games for my xbox at the moment and PGR seems to be the only one worth buying.
Because i dont really fancy playin buffy or sum of them other reasonable rubbish titles.

Does PGR compare to Gran Turismo 3?

Are the graphics as good as they are made out to be?

Is there a good selection of cars?

I know that the game has lots and lots of tracks but thats about it.

Cheers.
Thu 04/04/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Play more sleep les"
Yeah - good point. I don't think anyone's got a reason to lie though. I mean, how do I know any of you have actually got an XBox and completed Halo on Legendary, etc?!
It'll be a challenge anyway and should make the game last even longer.
Thu 04/04/02 at 14:50
Regular
"Play more sleep les"
You can chose from about 26 cars and race on 200 tracks. You can also use your own music tracks in the game, too, which is neat. The graphics are amazing, especially in the rain, and the cars are all nice and shiny - you get to damage them too! If you like racing games, you should seriously consider buying PGR - or check out the playable demo with the Official XBox magazine first. I don't normally buy racing games because I don't think they last long enough, but PGR has loads of challenges and secrets. It's difficult to compare it to GT3 really, because it's about Street Racing, and you get rewarded for your skill as well as your speed.
Anyway, hope that's helped a bit!
Thu 04/04/02 at 14:45
Regular
Kudos thread sounds good to me.

Obviously we have no way of proving our score, so we'll just have to trust each other I guess.
Thu 04/04/02 at 14:44
Regular
"Play more sleep les"
I played MSR on Dreamcast ages ago, so I knew I had to get PGR. The graphics have come a long way since then, however, and on XBox there's not a single glitch in the graphics and the challenge is greater. I haven't got very far on it yet due to my preoccupation with Halo, but I've nearly unlocked the Audi TT. Sweet!
Maybe we should start a forum for high scores/Kudos/track times here. Whaddya reckon?
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
This is going to sound strange coming from me as I usually live in the PS2 forum but.....wait for it.......PGR is very good.....there said it ;D

I've been playing on my mates and I've gotta say, impressed, graphics wise very good, great effects, handling is good once I got the hang of using triggers for accelerate and brake (not that stupid stick) and button for handbrake, KUDOS points were racking up.

My mate was impressed with my driving (he's not that brilliant) skills and I soon had a few car unlocked, so far we've got upto the Ford Focus but should have the Audi TT tonight.....I'm even looking forward to going round his house ;D

Roll on 8.30pm
Mon 01/04/02 at 21:21
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah pgr is really fun...and it is quite challenging too...trying to get silver is challenging enough as it is...
Mon 01/04/02 at 21:16
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
I got my X Box on Thursday with PGR & Halo. Both are excellent, but I have been playing PGR so much more - unlike GT3, its a FUN game. Its not just racing around a track, you have different goals in the Kudos challenges which range from one on one, average laps to full street races and so on.
Get it. It'll last you a long time and it's damned good fun to boot
Mon 01/04/02 at 21:08
Regular
"accidental superher"
i agree with yh....gt3 and pgr shouldn't really compared cos they're different...
one think i don't like about gt3 though is that it's basically about getting enough money to beast up your car so that you can easily win all the races...
i just got fed up by the time i got to the professional league cos each race would take like half an hour EACH!!
Mon 01/04/02 at 18:59
Regular
I personally don't feel that you can compare PGR and GT3.

GT3 is a simulation, PGR is a game. At least, that's how I look at it.

As for which is best, well, that depends on what you prefer. If you like realistic simulation type driving games, you'll love GT3. If you fancy something slightly less realistic, you'll like PGR.

I say slightly less realistic, as PGR is in no way an arcade game like Sega Rally. It's just slightly more arcadey than GT3 which, let's face it, doesn't take much.

As for graphics, GT3 blows PGR away, no doubt about it. That's not to say that PGR looks crap, far from it. It's just that GT3 looks so damn good. To be fair, no other game (on any platform) looks as good as GT3.

I personally prefer PGR as I find it more fun. Handbrake turns, power slides and handling that let's you get away with small mistakes all make PGR a better game - in my view.
Mon 01/04/02 at 15:27
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Well, two of my friends who are big racing car fans say that PGR is more of a simulation than GT3! I cant drive yet so I cant really say if it drives realisticly or not, but they say its a very good simulation in the way it skids and handles!

Graphics... i do agree with wookie... it can look a tiny tiny bit CARtoony at times (please excuse the pun!), but with some of the cars that are silver coloured like the silver Z3 it looks much more real than GT3 cars but cars in PGR with brighter colours dont look as real... the amazing shine effects on the cars of PGR look the best on any driving game i have ever played.

The car selection is average, but still enough to keep you playing for ages....

And yes it has LOADS of tracks which is great!!!

Its worth a buy!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.