GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counter Strike - The best?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/03/02 at 20:06
Regular
Now, I am an avid gamer of Counter Strike (connect 213.208.119.13:27045 for my server) I am in a clan called [P.A.C.T] and I am called Slippers. I love playing Counter Strike and I wanted to know what all you gamers out there think of it? It runs on the Half Life engine which is actually 5 years old!!! Thats right, it was brought out in 1997, so what makes it so popular? Is it the fact that is sits on realisms head until it cannot breath anymore? or is it that you can come home from a hard day and just kick back on it and relieve stress? Granted there are many other great multiplayer games around such as MOHAA or RtCW but in my eyes they still do not conform.

Anyway people, i wanna hear your views on this game!!! I love it like i already said.
Sun 31/03/02 at 20:06
Now, I am an avid gamer of Counter Strike (connect 213.208.119.13:27045 for my server) I am in a clan called [P.A.C.T] and I am called Slippers. I love playing Counter Strike and I wanted to know what all you gamers out there think of it? It runs on the Half Life engine which is actually 5 years old!!! Thats right, it was brought out in 1997, so what makes it so popular? Is it the fact that is sits on realisms head until it cannot breath anymore? or is it that you can come home from a hard day and just kick back on it and relieve stress? Granted there are many other great multiplayer games around such as MOHAA or RtCW but in my eyes they still do not conform.

Anyway people, i wanna hear your views on this game!!! I love it like i already said.
Mon 01/04/02 at 21:31
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Love it. Addicted. Spent the last 4 days playing it.

Usually play for about 2 or 3 hours a day, don't know what it is about it...learning to use different weapons is fun, there's a motive for you to do the killing, and it strikes up a good blanace between action and realism..

Many problems though - bunny hopping is still an issue, OGC is at large even with the latest version of CD, headshots and grenade damage are fairly random, and some maps are still biased towards one team. Still prefer it to any other current FPS though.

Why did everyone pick the weekend I was away to make topics about stuff I'm interested in? And where the hell did all the noobs come from?
Fri 12/04/02 at 09:00
I love CS and play everyday!! I do like MOHAA online but I always find it hard to connect to games. I have played several other FPS online but none compared to CS.

Does any1 know anything about CS:Condition Zero which can be pre-ordered from this site. Is this the full version or is it a demo or something? The low price makes me think that something is odd, or is this just another example of why SR are good?

Thx
BitchMonkey
Fri 12/04/02 at 14:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Condition Zero will be a retail version of CS. It will have new weapons, maps and objectives and also come with a single player mode. Aswell as an improved graphics engine. Check out the official site for more details:

http://www.cs-conditionzero.com/
Fri 12/04/02 at 21:25
Well Hello slippers (its ex AP Quik if u diden't alreay know) .. I have pre-orderd CS:CZ and im concerned with what "B***h monkkey" said.. The very low price of CS:CZ here makes it to cheap to be the full game.. Special Reseve better not fcuk this one up.. ive waited about 4 months to get CS:CZ and if its a demo..IM sending it back with a angry note, the only thing is that it dont say nuffin about a demo or uplink version.. PLEASE POST IF U KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS OR WANNA TALK ABOUT CS:CZ >:-D

Kw1k
Fri 12/04/02 at 23:17
Regular
www.tactical-ops.to that 0wns CS. CS is nothing compared to TO!
Fri 12/04/02 at 23:46
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
TO is great, I still havn't played CS though, I think these gaes are so popular because loads of people are always playing it, and it's easy to get onto a server for a game, also the game runs well on old PCs always a big + for games.
Sun 14/04/02 at 10:21
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
The reasons cs is so popular is that it has the no respawn, which makes you value your life. CS has been going for almost 3 years I think now, so it's been perfected in many ways graphically, and gameplay-wise. The Headshots add tension and really scare you when you hear a clink and your head flies back, to find your helmet saved you and you now have 2health left. You need to stick in a team or get mowed down, and the new voicecom in 1.3 adds a whole new meaning to clan matches, meaning more tactics are possible, and much more co-ordination. I'm in a clan called [UKTAF] www.uktaf-clan.cjb.net and the new voicecom has seen us winning many more games now, since i think only one of our members is unable to use it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.