GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If Sony didn't enter the picture?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/10/00 at 17:48
Regular
Ever since Sega, Nintendo and others released their machines (NES, SNES, Mega Drive and Atari) we never thought someone else would be entering the frame. Now look at it, Nintendo and Sega were big two in the gaming world. Until now Sony has came in and taken the picture and put themselves on it.
Sony got all the developers to join them because they held a greater amount of data with their Discs. Nintendo annouced their next machine and everyone was looking forward to see their old games in 3D. Think about it, if the playstation wasn't released Final Fantasy would of been left in the cold for a couple of years until Sega got it on the Dreamcast. Street Fighter would of been put on N64 and DC, Metal Gear Solid and others would of been made for Nintendo and Sega only. What would you Nintendo fans or Sega fans would have thought with all those superb games made only for your consoles!
Tue 10/10/00 at 17:48
Regular
Ever since Sega, Nintendo and others released their machines (NES, SNES, Mega Drive and Atari) we never thought someone else would be entering the frame. Now look at it, Nintendo and Sega were big two in the gaming world. Until now Sony has came in and taken the picture and put themselves on it.
Sony got all the developers to join them because they held a greater amount of data with their Discs. Nintendo annouced their next machine and everyone was looking forward to see their old games in 3D. Think about it, if the playstation wasn't released Final Fantasy would of been left in the cold for a couple of years until Sega got it on the Dreamcast. Street Fighter would of been put on N64 and DC, Metal Gear Solid and others would of been made for Nintendo and Sega only. What would you Nintendo fans or Sega fans would have thought with all those superb games made only for your consoles!
Tue 10/10/00 at 18:04
Regular
Or. All the superb games on the N64 and Dreamcast, and a few other good ones.
Tue 10/10/00 at 18:05
Regular
It would be paradise for all Nintendo and Sega fans!
Tue 10/10/00 at 20:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Interesting topic this, we've got Sony, Sega and Nintendo. Amiga had a go in the late 80's and early 90's but failed dismally, although it's CD-32 was way ahead of anyone elses console for it's time, it just did not get the support from the gaming industry that it requires. There are still some gamers out there who swear by their 3DO's/Lynx/Jaguar, but these are drops in the ocean compared to the high seas of the big 3 players. Having said that, if Sony could enter the market so late and become so dominant in just 5 years, who's to say that Microsoft won't do the same with the X-Box, surely they have more money in their petty cash tin than Sony's entire accumulated wealth, so they can certainly make it into the top two of the gaming industry's players if they invest just a fraction of their mighty wealth. Time will tell, or Grix will, usually he is right about these things, both of him.
Tue 10/10/00 at 22:09
Regular
I think that the Xbox will be the new "Playstation" finding a place in every home.
I personally think that the game cube will be more worthwhile but won't appeal to the mass market.
Don't ask me why.
Wed 11/10/00 at 19:29
Regular
Because its a cube, it has childish games, and the console is made from purple plastic.
Hey, I'm not dissing you, I'm agreeing with you, Nintendo won't sell as many as it deserves to, and the reasons are all stupid.
Wed 11/10/00 at 19:30
Regular
Nintendo is the grandfather of gaming!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.