GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't believe you guys!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ratchet & Clank'.
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:10
Regular
No-one on here has mentioned anything about the playable demo of Ratchet & Clank that was on the latest OPS2 mag!

I finally got round to playing it last night, and I was on it for hours. There are two complete sections on there, and it's brilliant! I loved Jak & Daxter, but this is going to take its place as the number one platformer on PS2, I reckon.

Great animation, beautiful to look at, massive array of comedy weapons, fantastic to play - and it incorporates probably all the best features of every platform game ever. I think I've spent more time on this demo so far than on the full TimeSplitters 2 game!

On the other hand, I spent just 5 minutes on the Burnout 2 demo - different my butt! More of the same - drive, crash, stop for replay... repeat until bored or five minutes has passed, whichever is the sooner.

You guys wouldn't know a good game if it slapped you round the face and peed in your coffee!

Grrrrrrr!
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:10
"High polygon count"
No-one on here has mentioned anything about the playable demo of Ratchet & Clank that was on the latest OPS2 mag!

I finally got round to playing it last night, and I was on it for hours. There are two complete sections on there, and it's brilliant! I loved Jak & Daxter, but this is going to take its place as the number one platformer on PS2, I reckon.

Great animation, beautiful to look at, massive array of comedy weapons, fantastic to play - and it incorporates probably all the best features of every platform game ever. I think I've spent more time on this demo so far than on the full TimeSplitters 2 game!

On the other hand, I spent just 5 minutes on the Burnout 2 demo - different my butt! More of the same - drive, crash, stop for replay... repeat until bored or five minutes has passed, whichever is the sooner.

You guys wouldn't know a good game if it slapped you round the face and peed in your coffee!

Grrrrrrr!
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:12
Regular
"  "
Well, maybe you could tell me how to beat the rising water in the second section?
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:14
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well, i would have talked about it, only problem was my local Shoppy never bothered to stock this months mag, so i had to make do with a watchable version on the PSW dvd this morning.

Just from that though it looks like its shaping up to be more than rather impressive. The whole game looks really stylish and the animations are top notch. More than likely a Jak and Dax beater.

According to the mag its suppose to be a much bigger game too, so that can only help it.
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:14
"High polygon count"
I haven't got to that bit yet. I spent ages on the Hoverboard race because it was so much fun! :-)

Then I noticed it was 3am and thought I should probably go to bed!
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:25
Regular
"  "
Oh, I thought you had to go through it to get to the race.
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:26
Regular
I was wondering why there was no "Official Timesplitters 2 thread", that's what tends to happen in this forum when a good game is released. Don't any of you guys want the game or something?
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:28
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I was wondering why there was no "Official Timesplitters 2
> thread", that's what tends to happen in this forum when a good
> game is released. Don't any of you guys want the game or something?

Damned if we do, Damned if we dont?
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I dont like platform games, sure Jak and Daxter was fun and I'll probably like playing Ratchet and Clank, but I'm not really fussed about the game at all. I'd like to play the playable demo though, but my local supermarket 'still' hasn't got the mag in stock yet.
Sun 20/10/02 at 15:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Actually I did mention it, in the magazine thread. I played it for about five minutes and thought it was absolute cack, although first impressions can be deceiving so I might have another go. I definitely won't be getting it though, after the amount of sheer annoyance and frustration that Mario Sunshine. It's put me off everything cute in this world.
Sun 20/10/02 at 15:49
Regular
"  "
I admit I think Jak an Daxter is better. I thought that R&C was a bit too linear but made to look vast and open. Jak and Daxter seemed much more free roaming.

Oh, and whats wrong with my OFFICIAl posts?!?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.