GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Atention Starfox lifespan!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/10/02 at 14:53
Regular
Just read several reviews and found out that the game lasts around 20 hours. Not 4 or 80 but 20. I guess this is good because it took me longer than 4 hours to complete Luigi's Mansion.

Also some more notes:

Graphics 10/10
Music has both classic Starfox and new music.
Flying levels are too easy and very few.
So are the hover craft levels.
Handling not as good as OOT.
You only visit each level once for most of the game. So there's no going back to explore for more hidden stuff.
It's on one disc.
There's no multiplayer.
Doesn't live up to the hype very well.

For some, all this will be good news and for some bad but hope it helps you guys.

And to be honest I'd expect a mark in the 80's in NGC.
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:53
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Just read several reviews and found out that the game lasts around 20 hours. Not 4 or 80 but 20. I guess this is good because it took me longer than 4 hours to complete Luigi's Mansion.

Also some more notes:

Graphics 10/10
Music has both classic Starfox and new music.
Flying levels are too easy and very few.
So are the hover craft levels.
Handling not as good as OOT.
You only visit each level once for most of the game. So there's no going back to explore for more hidden stuff.
It's on one disc.
There's no multiplayer.
Doesn't live up to the hype very well.

For some, all this will be good news and for some bad but hope it helps you guys.

And to be honest I'd expect a mark in the 80's in NGC.
Sun 20/10/02 at 15:47
Regular
"Festivus!"
Who cares? NGC will give it 99
Sun 20/10/02 at 15:52
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I heard its got an 8 hour life span, and people were complaining about how terribly short it is, 20 hours is a decent time though, phew!
Sun 20/10/02 at 17:43
Regular
That is probably all untrue, judging from what people that have played it have said.
Sun 20/10/02 at 17:55
Regular
"^_^"
They said Luigi's Mansion had an 8 hour life span, but hey you can do that in 4!
Sun 20/10/02 at 18:17
Regular
It is actually possible to complete Resident Evil on the GameCube in under 4 hours, infact you unlock some kind of bonus (will have to look in NGC tips book to find out what) if you do so. Yet, it's still a corker of a game.
Sun 20/10/02 at 18:49
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I swear this is all true. My Uncle also owns it because he lives in America. He says he plays this more than his other games at the moment.
Sun 20/10/02 at 19:05
Regular
Metal gear solid brand new...2 hours later...complete.

But wait, it was the best game on the PS1.
Sun 20/10/02 at 19:15
Regular
Tribute wrote:
> Who cares? NGC will give it 99

No they won't.
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:07
Regular
does it matter what they say? it'll probably end up much different here anyway

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.