GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time Splitters 2 is Better than Halo!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Sun 20/10/02 at 17:03
Regular
Okay, so I know all the PS2 owners will agree with me straight away because they're jealous that they can't play Halo, but I wanted to stir up some arguments between the XBox players...
I have the XBox versions of both of these games, (I don't have a multitap for my PS2, you see) and after only a few days Im far more hooked on the fantastically varied Free Radical game than Bungie's 'masterpiece.' I love Halo but when you put the two games side by side TS2 proves without any doubt that size, variation and gameplay are way more important than plot and graphics...
So, what does everybody think?
Sun 20/10/02 at 17:03
Okay, so I know all the PS2 owners will agree with me straight away because they're jealous that they can't play Halo, but I wanted to stir up some arguments between the XBox players...
I have the XBox versions of both of these games, (I don't have a multitap for my PS2, you see) and after only a few days Im far more hooked on the fantastically varied Free Radical game than Bungie's 'masterpiece.' I love Halo but when you put the two games side by side TS2 proves without any doubt that size, variation and gameplay are way more important than plot and graphics...
So, what does everybody think?
Sun 20/10/02 at 17:10
"High polygon count"
Well, I'm not sure it's "better" - at least not technically. But it's a heck of a lot more fun!
Sun 20/10/02 at 17:17
Regular
"Livin' it down"
You bet it's better than Halo. I got my copy on Friday, I can't keep away from it.
Sun 20/10/02 at 17:27
Regular
According to XBM Timesplitters isn't technically better but the multiplayer does surpass Halo's.
Sun 20/10/02 at 18:56
Regular
TSP2 is definately more fun than Halo, and for me thats makes it a much better game.

Shame I have to wait another two weeks for my own copy :(
Sun 20/10/02 at 19:57
Dringo wrote:
> According to XBM Timesplitters isn't technically better but the
> multiplayer does surpass Halo's.

Yea but to be honest the multiplayer on halo isnt that good is it?
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:55
Regular
"Hmmm....."
But TS2 doesn't have veihcles, does it now? I've got hooked on Halo again, and altough some levels are a bit tiresome, it's a blast in 2-player co-op mode. I've still to get TS2, but somehow, I've got a felling it cannot better Halo. It may get darn close though...
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:55
Regular
"Hmmm....."
But TS2 doesn't have veihcles, does it now? I've got hooked on Halo again, and altough some levels are a bit tiresome, it's a blast in 2-player co-op mode. I've still to get TS2, but somehow, I've got a felling it cannot better Halo. It may get darn close though...
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:56
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Sun 20/10/02 at 22:14
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Timesplitters 2 is better for the simple fact that people with any of the 3 consoles can/will be able to play it. Gamecube owners will be able to buy it from 1st November. Halo may be great, but most players will never have a go on it.

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.