GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rubbish,stupid ungeneric good for nothing pathetic excuses for motherboards"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/03/02 at 22:18
Regular
I am getting really annoyed with companies such as packard bell which insist on using crap mother boards, with no AGP slots about 3 pci slots and a crap excuse for a modem socket. I hate built in 8mb graphic cards and the stupid bloomin things only have 2 memory slots and built in sound card. This means you can't upgrade these things and have a network card and are forced to use their crappy modem. I would never buy such a useless piece of rubbish as they are so useless to upgrade. I also hate companies which load their own version of windows on them with loads of pathetic special features which irritate you no end. I mean these computer companies charge loads and sell these useless things which are hard to upgrade so you have to buy new pcs more. I'm only glad i built my own pc and i have decided that we should boycott packard bell and the likes who insist on using rubbish parts.
Sun 31/03/02 at 22:52
Regular
"relocated"
I only had basic hardware installation experience when I built my first PC. I bought Morris Rosenthal's book Build Your Own PC which helped a lot. It's very easy to understand and fairly cheap for a computer book. If you want more detail then Scott Muellers's Upgrading and Repairing PCs is excellent. I've now built three systems without experiencing any problems: and when somwthing DOES go wrong then you'll know your system inside-out so fixing it is much simpler.

My advice is to take the plunge: it's cheaper, more satisfying and you can get exactly the system you want.
Sun 31/03/02 at 17:57
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
My PB computer was pretty good, except for the lame excuse for a HDD. Bloomin' 0.79 GigaBytes!

But now I've got a better one, 10.6 GB
Sun 31/03/02 at 17:29
Regular
Actually i have a new rig coming..... with AGP slot ... loadsa PCI, onboard sound, Geforce 64mb AGP card..... 60gig hdd, 256 DDr ram.. athlon 1500+ XP.
Sun 31/03/02 at 14:31
Cheers Amd Man, I'll let ya know how i get on

Although will be a while before i have enough money, unless i try and sell this computer. Hhm

Anyway thanks :)
Sun 31/03/02 at 14:30
Regular
I know what you mean. Me and my mate Chris tried repairing a packard bell once. The vloke who broght it paid nearly 2k. It was a 2Ghz P4 but that was the only good thing. Cheap ge-force 2 (not all bad but for 2k!) 3 PCI slots 2 ram slots with 256 meg of PC100 ram! I didn;t even think you could use SD-RAM in a P4. People really should not be allowed to go into PC World until they know what there talking about and can rip apart the salesmen like I do.
Sun 31/03/02 at 14:25
Regular
SR's pc's use pretty good hardware and they are all 100% upgradable, you may pay a little bit extra than what you would with a packard bell but it is well worth it, have a look at www.maxxpc.com, i wouldnt suggest building one yourself if you have hardly any experiance in pc building or more importantly troubleshooting either, and it would probabaly end up costing you more than the systems already priced up as companys get there hardware in bulk, thus reduced price, post when yu make your decision.

C.b.
Sun 31/03/02 at 13:38
Hhmm ..i've onlyu fitted some extra Ram, and a internal Cd Rw before, i'll look for some tuturiols.
Sun 31/03/02 at 10:58
Regular
it depends, if you are no good at putting things in the PC then i would avoid it at all costs as you will probably break something. If you are not to competent try to find a friend who is and get them to help you. i would not recommend trying with minimal experience
Sun 31/03/02 at 08:53
Where the best places to buy parts?

And is it that hard to build your own pc?
Sun 31/03/02 at 00:23
Regular
"How Handy."
If you really have to buy a whole PC, buy one from somewhere small and local. My PC came from a small place near where my dad works originally, although it now has the floppy drive from that PC, and thats about it..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.