GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any Basketball Fans"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/03/02 at 21:59
Regular
Or more specificly some LA Lakers for me to chat about the season so far. Also anyone see the game against Portland where Superman Shaq lived up to his name with his big old jump into the crowd.

Oh on another type of bragging note any 76ers or raptors fans around so you can tell me your views on how your seasons over now that Iverson and Carter are out for regular season and you'll be dropping out the playoffs hehehe
Sat 30/03/02 at 21:59
Or more specificly some LA Lakers for me to chat about the season so far. Also anyone see the game against Portland where Superman Shaq lived up to his name with his big old jump into the crowd.

Oh on another type of bragging note any 76ers or raptors fans around so you can tell me your views on how your seasons over now that Iverson and Carter are out for regular season and you'll be dropping out the playoffs hehehe
Sat 30/03/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I do not watch it that much but I am a pretty good player myself.
Sat 30/03/02 at 22:07
Regular
I don't want to be overly contraversial but I think basketball is a bit of a joke sport created by the americans so they could have an indoor sport of their own. There is little variation in the games and so few different scenarios can present themselves. A basket is so unremarkable and can in no way be compared to a goal in football and is a less teamlike team sport.
Sat 30/03/02 at 22:11
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
A5hley. Football is a non skilful sport as anyone can play it in about 1 minute. basketball takes more practice and is a great sport to learn. Unlike you who only learns one sport. Football is good but can get a little repetitive. Ha!
Sat 30/03/02 at 22:54
Regular
well actually i play a sport of greater finesse golf, which has an undeniably high skill level.
Mon 01/04/02 at 00:28
heh i'd like to see you on the basketball court a5hley. seeing as how the sports so *easy* you'd easily be able to be sinking three's and fadeaway shots in no time right? You couldn't be more wrong if you said leicester had a chance of winning the premiership this year.

Basketball takes far more skill than football does anyday. You've only got a very small area of which to get the ball to go into the basket while you got a great big wide area for smacking a football into. The playing area is far smaller as well which adds to the difficulty. The mathematics of the game are much more complicated than football as well. while in football all you gotta do is keep the height down and velocity high. In basketball you have to get the correct angle of your shot and the right speed so it doesn't go flying past the basket resulting in a humiliating air ball. You also have to add spin on the ball most times so the ball if it hits the rim will bounce in.
Basketball is also far faster than football and for every minute that's played there's always something going on.

I'd much rather watch Shaq dunking on people, Iverson knocking a 3 down from long range or a Kobe spin move taking him to the basket then watch a boring beckham free kick or a game of 90 minutes where usually only 20 minutes of that contains any action
Mon 01/04/02 at 14:33
Regular
at no point did i call it an easy sport. I just said it was less interesting than many other team sports.
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:05
I am quite interested in Basketball. I've played for my school for the past 4 years, year 7 to year 10, and we have won the league every season.
I do enjoy watching the games, well i used to until we got rid of sky sports, but i try to watch that nba programme on itv when its on, but that starts half way through the season.
I know that they show live games on SKY Sports Extra but the only way I can keep up with the action is by going on different NBA websites or reading the results on SKY Sports News.
I want to get into a team but my football games would get in the way.
Football to me is a bit more interesting, but not by much, I probably think that because i've been playing football for much longer.
I actually prefer the New York Knicks and the Toronto Raptors to the LA Lakers, even though the LA Lakers keep on winning everything, Carter and Sprewell are wickid!!!!!!!
Wed 03/04/02 at 00:54
no doubt. Carter is an absolutely amazing player. In my opinion i think he's the next Michael Jordan. He's pulled off some of the most amazing shots and dunks i've ever seen. I just wish he'd sign for the Lakers and join a successful team.
Wed 03/04/02 at 03:12
im a kings fan and i am damn glad lakers are 3rd. They are a 2 man team with fox and horry being lucky almost everygame. Lakers - Blazers game - shaq and kobe both had 34 points. = 2 man team. Kings are 1st because they are the best in the west @ the moemnt,cant wait till playoffs hopefully they will go all the way. I gotta agree with u A.I is a dick, but u cant hate on carter. He looked well fatigued and depressed when playing the 6ers. BTW, are any of u here any good at basketball? i am a county palyer for cambridge in the U17s... but im still 15. basketball is way better than football (soccer)but american football is damn good

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.