GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tricking The Public"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/10/02 at 21:08
Regular
Everyone in this world knows they take advantage of people less intelligent than themselves. You just play with their minds until they believe anything that comes out of your mouth. Sometimes though you are caught in this situation and end up believing something that you figure out isn’t true later on. This is similar to the X-Box’s constant scratching of the games. They told you all the good features but left out that one for a particular reason. And of course they knew about it after making so many consoles. These tricks are very effective and it seems today’s gamers are getting less smart by the second. What could be next on game industries tricking agenda?

The Average Lies

You go to the local game shop that is a sponsor of GameCube and get ready for something like this…

(Gamer walks into the store)

Trickster1= How can I help you son?

Gamer= I want to buy a system today.

(The trickster’s eyes open widely and he turns around)

Trickster1= Ed we got a gamer here!

(Trickster2 walks from outside a door and stands beside the first trickster)

Trickster1= Well, you should get a GameCube. Did you know that it has the best games and it has great graphics.

Gamer= Wow!

Trickster2= The GameCube allows you to play with four friends and one day it will be worth a lot of money.

Trickster1= It transforms into an action figure if you treat it good and if you buy one along with a memory card, cheerleaders will fly out of the GameCube and bounce around your whole room.

(The speechless gamer passes the money to the tricksters then the tricksters gives him the cube with a memory card)

Poor defenseless gamers are reduced to nothing as they fall into a trap that catches so many. But sadly the tricks are getting more convincing and the gamers are getting more gullible…

The Buy it Get This Free Technique

This technique has been used so many times that it is fading away and it usually only happens to the fairly dumb but it still surprises gamers when they are unguarded from attack…

(Gamer walks into store)

Trickster1= Ed we got another one!

(Trickster2 stops looking through the supply and stands next to trickster1)

Gamer= Um, I want to um …..buy a um…..PS2 controller.

Trickster1= You are sooo lucky because today we have a special.

Trickster2= Yea, today you can buy a PS2 controller and get a piece of string free!

Gamer= Um that’s um…. killer!

Trickster1= Did you know if you give us an extra 10 we will give you a cat! Oh, and if you add 100 dollars we will give you the controller, the string, the cat, a safety pin, and a backrub!

Trickster2= Better yet if you give us 200 dollars we will give you only the controller totally FREE!!

Gamer= Dude that’s um…. killer!

(Gamer gives the tricksters the money and the tricksters give him the controller)

This man isn’t really that dunce. At least compared to the next gamer…

The Pay And Run Trick

(Gamer stumbles through the store doors)

Trickster1= Ed here’s another fool …..I mean gamer.

(Trickster2 gets off the chair he bought with the another gamer’s 200 dollars and stands next to his partner)

Gamer= Like hi. I like want to like buy Britney’s Dance Beat because Britney is like my total girl.

(Gamer laughs uncontrollably as the tricksters watch)

Trickster1= Well that would be 7 billion dollars miss.

(Gamer passes money to tricksters)

Trickster2= Now we need you to close your eyes and count to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Gamer= Like sure no like prob.

(Gamer starts counting)

By the time this gamer opens her eyes the tricksters will have moved the stores location and left to another town. How very sad it is that this happens so often. If you think that’s the dumbest gamers could get, you haven’t heard of this next occasion…

The It’s invisible Trick

(Gamer trips over and over again as he enters the door of the game shop)

Gamer= I recon I be buying the best video gamer youz all gots in her.

Trickster1= Ed we got a really smart one here.

(Trickster2 stops counting all his money and stands beside trickster1)

Trickster2= Sir, do you want to know a secret?

Gamer= Tell me your tiny little se-cat.

(Trickster2 extends his right hand to the man and opens it to reveal that noting is there)

Gamer= What in tarnation youz all gots there?

Trickster1= It’s the best game in the world! To use it all you have to do is throw it at your television and it will began playing. It’s invisible!

(Trickster2 hand the man the “invisible game”)

Trickster1= In total that would be 70 trillion dollars please.

Gamer= How much is that in chickens?

Trickster1= We only accept money sir.

(Gamer gives the trickster the money and leaves with a smile on his face)

Now how sad was that?

In conclusion all this has got to stop. But I don’t think we will ever live in a world without trickery.

THE END

Thanks for reading:) (hopefully)

Drunk
Sun 20/10/02 at 23:13
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
I hope everyone noticed that the more you read the less intelligent the gamers get. Clever huh.
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:52
Regular
hehehe, when i was in my sixth year of school, i used fake offers coz no-one was buying my stuff. i was selling plants at £1 each but because i had so many of the same, people thought they were crappy plants (They were really), then i decided to start shouting "BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ONLY £2" : ) Funny thing is, it actually worked : )
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:41
Regular
flippin hell, my browsers messed up, thats why i somehow got a double post
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:31
Regular
so *emphasizes* thats why evrebody started lughing when i tol them my great deals. i wont fall for any of their tricks again.

*Walks into games shop*
"Hi, id like to buy Mario sunshine."
"Okay, that'll be 40 pounds...OR.... if you give us 200 pounds, we'll give you Rogue Leader absolutely FREE"
"Wahoo!, here ye go"

*walks into school next day*
"Ye'll never guess the great deal i got, Mario Sunshine for £200 and ogue Leader absolutely free!"
"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"
"DOH!"
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:26
Regular
so *emphasizes* thats why evrebody started lughing when i tol them my great deals. i wont fall for any of their tricks again.

*Walks into games shop*
"Hi, id like to buy Mario sunshine."
"Okay, that'll be 40 pounds...OR.... if you give us 200 pounds, we'll give you Rogue Leader absolutely FREE"
"Wahoo!, here ye go"

*walks into school next day*
"Ye'll never guess the great deal i got, Mario Sunshine for £200 and ogue Leader absolutely free!"
"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"
"DOH!"
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:24
Regular
"Balls"
love it funny.

i will never be tricked, stupid peole only get tricked.

dont forget to visit my topic about how i got a bargan on a bag of crisps (potato crisps for the american)for £10 and i got a pen free what a bargan... hang on a minute...
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:21
Regular
"Balls"
hahahaha,

triicksters are so great as dumb peole fall for there tricks. well not me.

and dont forget to visit my topic about how i got a great deal on a bag of crisps (potato chips for the american) i got a bag of chrisps for 10 quid, and i got a pen free...

hang on a minuite...
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:15
Regular
Killer
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:09
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Please don't post if you haven't read it. Thank you.
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:08
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Everyone in this world knows they take advantage of people less intelligent than themselves. You just play with their minds until they believe anything that comes out of your mouth. Sometimes though you are caught in this situation and end up believing something that you figure out isn’t true later on. This is similar to the X-Box’s constant scratching of the games. They told you all the good features but left out that one for a particular reason. And of course they knew about it after making so many consoles. These tricks are very effective and it seems today’s gamers are getting less smart by the second. What could be next on game industries tricking agenda?

The Average Lies

You go to the local game shop that is a sponsor of GameCube and get ready for something like this…

(Gamer walks into the store)

Trickster1= How can I help you son?

Gamer= I want to buy a system today.

(The trickster’s eyes open widely and he turns around)

Trickster1= Ed we got a gamer here!

(Trickster2 walks from outside a door and stands beside the first trickster)

Trickster1= Well, you should get a GameCube. Did you know that it has the best games and it has great graphics.

Gamer= Wow!

Trickster2= The GameCube allows you to play with four friends and one day it will be worth a lot of money.

Trickster1= It transforms into an action figure if you treat it good and if you buy one along with a memory card, cheerleaders will fly out of the GameCube and bounce around your whole room.

(The speechless gamer passes the money to the tricksters then the tricksters gives him the cube with a memory card)

Poor defenseless gamers are reduced to nothing as they fall into a trap that catches so many. But sadly the tricks are getting more convincing and the gamers are getting more gullible…

The Buy it Get This Free Technique

This technique has been used so many times that it is fading away and it usually only happens to the fairly dumb but it still surprises gamers when they are unguarded from attack…

(Gamer walks into store)

Trickster1= Ed we got another one!

(Trickster2 stops looking through the supply and stands next to trickster1)

Gamer= Um, I want to um …..buy a um…..PS2 controller.

Trickster1= You are sooo lucky because today we have a special.

Trickster2= Yea, today you can buy a PS2 controller and get a piece of string free!

Gamer= Um that’s um…. killer!

Trickster1= Did you know if you give us an extra 10 we will give you a cat! Oh, and if you add 100 dollars we will give you the controller, the string, the cat, a safety pin, and a backrub!

Trickster2= Better yet if you give us 200 dollars we will give you only the controller totally FREE!!

Gamer= Dude that’s um…. killer!

(Gamer gives the tricksters the money and the tricksters give him the controller)

This man isn’t really that dunce. At least compared to the next gamer…

The Pay And Run Trick

(Gamer stumbles through the store doors)

Trickster1= Ed here’s another fool …..I mean gamer.

(Trickster2 gets off the chair he bought with the another gamer’s 200 dollars and stands next to his partner)

Gamer= Like hi. I like want to like buy Britney’s Dance Beat because Britney is like my total girl.

(Gamer laughs uncontrollably as the tricksters watch)

Trickster1= Well that would be 7 billion dollars miss.

(Gamer passes money to tricksters)

Trickster2= Now we need you to close your eyes and count to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Gamer= Like sure no like prob.

(Gamer starts counting)

By the time this gamer opens her eyes the tricksters will have moved the stores location and left to another town. How very sad it is that this happens so often. If you think that’s the dumbest gamers could get, you haven’t heard of this next occasion…

The It’s invisible Trick

(Gamer trips over and over again as he enters the door of the game shop)

Gamer= I recon I be buying the best video gamer youz all gots in her.

Trickster1= Ed we got a really smart one here.

(Trickster2 stops counting all his money and stands beside trickster1)

Trickster2= Sir, do you want to know a secret?

Gamer= Tell me your tiny little se-cat.

(Trickster2 extends his right hand to the man and opens it to reveal that noting is there)

Gamer= What in tarnation youz all gots there?

Trickster1= It’s the best game in the world! To use it all you have to do is throw it at your television and it will began playing. It’s invisible!

(Trickster2 hand the man the “invisible game”)

Trickster1= In total that would be 70 trillion dollars please.

Gamer= How much is that in chickens?

Trickster1= We only accept money sir.

(Gamer gives the trickster the money and leaves with a smile on his face)

Now how sad was that?

In conclusion all this has got to stop. But I don’t think we will ever live in a world without trickery.

THE END

Thanks for reading:) (hopefully)

Drunk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.