GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box still fighting?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/10/02 at 09:36
Regular
A genuine press release:

--------------------------------
Microsoft readies free game deal to entice floating voters

Only a couple of months after the last Xbox price cut, Microsoft is seemingly planning to make the console into even better value for customers in time for Christmas, by bundling two Sega titles with the console for free.

The bundle will feature Sega GT2002 and Jet Set Radio Future along with the Xbox console and will retail at the same price as the current Xbox console pack £159.99. It mirrors a similar bundle which was announced in the USA last week, with the sole difference being that in the USA, the console will also feature a Controller-S prepackaged with it for the first time.

The move is likely to be a popular one with consumers in the run-up to Christmas, as it means that their new console will already have two games to play with it - while buying a GameCube or PS2 will require the purchase of expensive software titles before the system is actually any use. Bundling deals such as this were hugely popular in the heyday of home personal computers such as the Amiga, which were generally sold in a number of software bundles with customised packaging for each one.
------------------------------------

Cunning marketing strategy or sheer desperation?
Mon 21/10/02 at 09:36
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
A genuine press release:

--------------------------------
Microsoft readies free game deal to entice floating voters

Only a couple of months after the last Xbox price cut, Microsoft is seemingly planning to make the console into even better value for customers in time for Christmas, by bundling two Sega titles with the console for free.

The bundle will feature Sega GT2002 and Jet Set Radio Future along with the Xbox console and will retail at the same price as the current Xbox console pack £159.99. It mirrors a similar bundle which was announced in the USA last week, with the sole difference being that in the USA, the console will also feature a Controller-S prepackaged with it for the first time.

The move is likely to be a popular one with consumers in the run-up to Christmas, as it means that their new console will already have two games to play with it - while buying a GameCube or PS2 will require the purchase of expensive software titles before the system is actually any use. Bundling deals such as this were hugely popular in the heyday of home personal computers such as the Amiga, which were generally sold in a number of software bundles with customised packaging for each one.
------------------------------------

Cunning marketing strategy or sheer desperation?
Mon 21/10/02 at 09:46
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Slaveunit wrote:
> Cunning marketing strategy or sheer desperation?

Personally, I'd go with your latter statement, but that's my own opinion. ;-)

Still it'll probably work, they need to do something to entice the public away from Sony.
Mon 21/10/02 at 09:51
Regular
"^_^"
Hang on a minute.. you can buy a Gamecube, Mario Sunshine and a 4mb Memory card for £180.

You get a superior console that is one hell of a lot better for only £20 more!

Also the two games you get are pathetic pieces of poo!
Mon 21/10/02 at 09:56
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Methinks 'tis simple desperation. Sony are going to sell ton' of Playstation 2's without doing anything like this, as are Nintendo. Meanwhile this deall will mean Microsoft once again cuts its profit margins and has to explain to investors just when exactly the console is going to head towards profitability...

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 21/10/02 at 09:58
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Jive wrote:
> Slaveunit wrote:
> Cunning marketing strategy or sheer desperation?
>
> Personally, I'd go with your latter statement, but that's my own
> opinion. ;-)
>
> Still it'll probably work, they need to do something to entice the
> public away from Sony.

Hell, not having an XBox, that is a VERY tempting offer :)

And JSRF rules, Parr you lummox! :P

Thank god Christmas is rolling around in...

*Gets calculator out*

...65 days.
Mon 21/10/02 at 09:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Rocky is out for the Xbox.
I dont care.
Mon 21/10/02 at 10:05
Regular
"^_^"
You like your Rocky don't you!
Mon 21/10/02 at 10:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yes.
Yes I do.

Mr T in a game. A fighting Mr T.
Mon 21/10/02 at 10:15
Regular
It's tinged with desperation - but it's also an excellent package, when you think about what you're getting for that price.
Mon 21/10/02 at 10:44
Regular
JSRF is a fantastic game. Not sure about Sega GT, as I haven't played it.

Hell, I may even buy myself another Xbox when that deal starts...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.