GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3 Error"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 3'.
Mon 21/10/02 at 17:46
Regular
Sorry to start a pointless topic, but has anyone had an error on GTA3 where the text and menu graphics are all mucked up? if so, what should I do? I have already intstalled the patch from the site, but I'm not sure if I did it right though.

Please Help! I really want to play it, but this is making it almost immpossible to play it.
Tue 05/11/02 at 19:22
Boss_Pac_Man wrote:
> Sorry to start a pointless topic, but has anyone had an error on GTA3
> where the text and menu graphics are all mucked up? if so, what should
> I do? I have already intstalled the patch from the site, but I'm not
> sure if I did it right though.
>
> Please Help! I really want to play it, but this is making it almost
> immpossible to play it.

I had the same problem, look in the read me and it has a website which has a download on it, download it then it will work fine....

paul
Sat 26/10/02 at 13:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Thankls for the offer Hobbo, but I'm looking for something a bit more powerful. The processor is the only thing left I need to upgrade on my PC, If I get a good one I should be able to keep it running for a couple of more years before I do a serious overhall of my computer. I don't want to do any big upgrades yet, I want to make my computer last as long as possible.
Thu 24/10/02 at 13:40
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Robin wrote:

> ye but an 800 is still old, average for today is about a 1.2...

Why do you think I haven't used it?
Of course it's relatively old, but it's also a fair bit better than a 550 Mhz.
Wed 23/10/02 at 21:22
Little Hobbo wrote:
> I've got a Duron 800 you can have for twenty quid if you want. I
> planned to upgrade my old pc but then never used it. Brand new.

ye but an 800 is still old, average for today is about a 1.2...
Wed 23/10/02 at 19:45
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
My friends got an Athlon 1GHz and a Radeon 8500 and GTA3 runs like a dream on 1280 x 1024
Wed 23/10/02 at 17:46
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
I've got a Duron 800 you can have for twenty quid if you want. I planned to upgrade my old pc but then never used it. Brand new.
Wed 23/10/02 at 16:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I still have a measly AMD550MHz proccessor. I'm planning to upgrade it soon though. I can play Mafia alright, but it does lag a bit sometimes, not enough to make it unplayable however.
Wed 23/10/02 at 14:58
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
cipro wrote:
> Probably won't work well on my computer anyway.

Almost definitely not, it has trouble on my 1.4 Ghz as it is.
Wed 23/10/02 at 14:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Got GTA 3 for my PS2 and will be getting it's sequel for my console as well. I'd probably have gotten it for my PC if it wasn't for the fact not much has been changed from the console version except the graphics and MP3 option. Probably won't work well on my computer anyway.
Wed 23/10/02 at 12:16
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Robin wrote:

> i dissagree, i think that is is better on the pc then it is on the
> ps2.

Obviously it has better features such as optional higher resolutions, but it's a system hog. So ones with worse sytems would be better off getting the PS2 version. See?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.