GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Different Types of Hero"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/10/02 at 19:35
Regular
In games there in generally a limited selection of hero (Normally the character you play as) These are as follows:-

Big muscly meathead - eg Duke Nukem
Female bombshell - eg Lara Croft
Super intellegent hacker - eg Gordon Freeman (Half Life)
Long haired animie guy - eg Any japanese import

I know they are exceptions to these categories, but the majority of hero's in games can be placed into these stereotypes. I would personally like to see more variation in the character types. Perhaps the next Final Fantasy game should have a Yorkshire man in who shouts "Have itttt" or "Oh aye."
Maybe the next Tekken game should havea Cockney who says "appels and pairs" or "shine your shoes guvnor." Or.... perhaps not....
Mon 21/10/02 at 20:43
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
maddmun wrote:
> ehhhh - Naw, they should make him a Scutish lad wae big braw muscles
> and a dinner a haggis, neeps and tatties. Och aye and he shud kill ees
> enemies wae a caber. i ken thats a good idea ya wee d y k e, (why i
> just called you i wall i dont know), a yorkshire man or cockney, whit
> a pish idea

Lol, och aye laddie, watch oot for the goot near your foot
Mon 21/10/02 at 20:36
Regular
ehhhh - Naw, they should make him a Scutish lad wae big braw muscles and a dinner a haggis, neeps and tatties. Och aye and he shud kill ees enemies wae a caber. i ken thats a good idea ya wee d y k e, (why i just called you i wall i dont know), a yorkshire man or cockney, whit a pish idea
Mon 21/10/02 at 20:22
Regular
"Remember me?"
Perhaps.
Mon 21/10/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
In games there in generally a limited selection of hero (Normally the character you play as) These are as follows:-

Big muscly meathead - eg Duke Nukem
Female bombshell - eg Lara Croft
Super intellegent hacker - eg Gordon Freeman (Half Life)
Long haired animie guy - eg Any japanese import

I know they are exceptions to these categories, but the majority of hero's in games can be placed into these stereotypes. I would personally like to see more variation in the character types. Perhaps the next Final Fantasy game should have a Yorkshire man in who shouts "Have itttt" or "Oh aye."
Maybe the next Tekken game should havea Cockney who says "appels and pairs" or "shine your shoes guvnor." Or.... perhaps not....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.