GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games from abroad"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/03/02 at 09:25
Regular
sorry if this topic has been posted before of sumthing ok i'll get on with it im goin spain and ive got 2 hundered pound to spend you may think ive got a bit over the top i need to no 1)will there be any game shops in spain do u think
2) will the prices be cheaper
3) will there be games that arnt out in uk
4) will they be english versions
Sun 31/03/02 at 21:15
Regular
"Self-attraction???"
oh i dint know i put spain in the post lol
Sun 31/03/02 at 21:15
Regular
"Self-attraction???"
yep you all helped thank you very much :D how did ya know i was goin spain well most english go there init lol so thats how you new
Sun 31/03/02 at 21:08
Regular
"Self-attraction???"
well thank you,you to if your going
Sun 31/03/02 at 10:40
Right, it's either going to be PAL (Uk, Austrailia, New Zealand etc) or NTSC (America, Japan etc), and I'm quite sure that it runs on a PAL system over there. Just to be sure, look on the front and back of the case for a 'PAL' or 'NTSC' on it. If it's PAL, you're fine, but if it's NTSC, you'll need a Scart Lead, which most consoles come with anyway. Either way, the game will work (permitting you have the right equipment), unless you go to one of those dodgy shops that sells well-concealed pirated games. However, wouldn't the games be in Spanish as opposed to English?

1) There will be games shops in Spain, of course! That's like asking if there's any in Britain, they're just as much into games as we are (give or take a bit, of course! :D).

2) Shop around and see if you can find a nice, small shop (or big, it doesn't really matter) which sells cheaper games than over here. Before you go, look at the British prices, and then see if they're any cheaper over there, it's quite likely that they will be.

3) If they run a PAL system (which I'm quite sure they do), then they will have the same games as us, but if they run an NTSC system, they should have a load of games that we don't.

4) As I said earlier, it's either going to be PAL (Uk, Austrailia, New Zealand etc) or NTSC (America, Japan etc), and I'm quite sure that it runs on a PAL system over there. Just to be sure, look on the front and back of the case for a 'PAL' or 'NTSC' on it. If it's PAL, you're fine, but if it's NTSC, you'll need a Scart Lead, which most consoles come with anyway. Either way, the game will work (permitting you have the right equipment), unless you go to one of those dodgy shops that sells well-concealed pirated games. However, wouldn't the games be in Spanish as opposed to English?

Hope I helped
Pants
Sun 31/03/02 at 10:25
Regular
"omlette du fromage"
Nope PS2 and other console games won't work from places like america and Japan because they use the NTSC system only European Games work as they use the PAL system we use. Gameboy stuff though works wereever you are which i don't really understand. but neway have a nice holiday
Sun 31/03/02 at 10:21
i think you can buy games abroad because i went to in france and asked about it and they said it would work (the game was gta3) it was much cheaper. so neway when i come back to england i brought gta3 and it had select language on it and i think when it says that you can buy those types of games

p.s ask the shopkeeper thought before buying it.

the BIG problem is that if something goes wrong with it, it would be preety hard to take it back.

spabz :) have a nice holiday
Sun 31/03/02 at 08:45
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
kéñjí14 wrote:
2)
> will the prices be cheaper
3) will there be games that arnt out in uk

2)Maybe, depends on currency rate.
3)Probably not.
Sat 30/03/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Self-attraction???"
ok thanks :)
Sat 30/03/02 at 11:12
Regular
Their probably be games where you have to chose the languege like in some games over here, just make sure that on the box it says PAL.

if you'r gonna get gameboy advance games don't worry, they work on any system, u could probably get some nice coppies with a few games on one cartridge, but don't pay anymore than u would over here, infact makesure u pay less.
Sat 30/03/02 at 10:31
Regular
I don't know about if there cheaper

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.