GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Solid Snake vs Joanna Dark vs Gabe Logan vs Lara Croft"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/10/00 at 21:44
Regular
Solid Snake: I love this character as well as the game. His details are, lives in Alaska, not married, only family is biggest rival brother Liquid Snake (a code name), former stealth operative for FOX-HOUND, which is now a baddie company, brought back to action by Colonel Roy Campbell to stop FOX-HOUND from blowing a nuke because the Government refuses to give them now dead baddie Big Boss's DNA.
He smokes and like's being tough and saying "damn!". Looks cool, sounds cool, and I think he's a great character. One problem though, not enough gun selection.

Joanna Dark: Don't know much about her, but I know she looks more realistic than Lara Croft, more of a futuristic character than Snake, she can be stealthy and all out attacking if you know what I mean. Looks the best out of all of the characters graphics wise, (although it's 1st person view mode so you don't see her that much). She has the best selection of weapons (for some reason I love the K7 Avenger), and not a bad code name either. I don't know much else but from what I do know she's a great character, I prefer her to Lara Croft anyway.

Gabe Logan: He's off the Syphon Filter games. He walks funny, doesn't look bad graphically, but he has a g*y name and his voice gets annoying as well. Out of all Playstation shoot 'em up characters, he comes a quite close second to Snake. He's not the person you could really picture doing that kind of thing. He's got quite a good gun selection, and overall, not bad. Needs improving though, in my opinion.

Lara Croft: Looks unrealistic, has the most annoying controls ever, for example, here's what I say when I play a Tomb Raider game, "not there, over there!! JUMP FOR GOD'S SAKE!! I can't stop walking into walls! PLEASE!! JUST JUMP OVER TO THE OTHER LEGDE!ARRRGGGHHH!!!!" Sorry,but that's what I end up saying. She quite a good character mentally, tough and all, but can be annoying. She doesn't have a bad gun selection, but no where near as good as Joanna Dark's.

Anyway, there's what I think of them all, what do you think?? For the best, it would have to be between Joanna and Snake, in my opinion. Remember this is just my opinion, you may disagree with me.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Mon 09/10/00 at 23:44
Solid is a well thought out character, and the game has to be the best available on the PSX, for the action/adventure genre anyway.And the control system, I found it very easy to use.Though the combat and targeting system were quite basic, I did like the stealth aspect of the game.You are right about the lack of fire power, but I feel this particular game tends to lean more towards the stealth side of things and doesn't need so much of an arsenal of weapons.You can have some great fun, if you're creative, like sneeking up behind guards and sticking C4 on their backs.Then all you have to do is back off and blow um up.
As for SF, don't forget it had two characters, and lian was damn good too.1&2 for me were very enjoyable games, well thought out and lots of action mixed with a healthy amount of stealth.But Gabe,I'm sorry to say, just didn't mach up to Snake.
Perfecft Dark looks like a brilliant game, the trouble is I hate the standard pad for the N64, and I've not bought the game(can anyone suggest a good controller)I've got the standard pad and a Shark Pro n64 pad, and I hate them both!!!!!please help mmmmeeee!!! as I've loads of games I'd love to play.
My fave female character at the moment is Aya, from Parasite Eve, there's loads of weaponary in this game, and I like the double attack aspect some of the weapons have.She's well animated and the sceneary is brilliant, one thing I liked was the reflection of Aya in the glass doors.The monsters are creepy too, the way those mutant horses look at you before they charge you down, that's damn brilliant!!!!I like to dodge um and let them run into an object behind me(gets um every time) and when they're down, just work some lead in!!!!
As for Lara, I hate her!!!! one of the most boring games I've ever had the misfortune to play.I like climb to the highest pinnacle I can find, and launching the b!tch from the top, Oh joy! Oh joy! Oh joy!.That crunching sound when she hits the deck it's the dogs rollicks!!10/10 for sound effects.ARTY
Mon 09/10/00 at 21:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
Solid Snake: I love this character as well as the game. His details are, lives in Alaska, not married, only family is biggest rival brother Liquid Snake (a code name), former stealth operative for FOX-HOUND, which is now a baddie company, brought back to action by Colonel Roy Campbell to stop FOX-HOUND from blowing a nuke because the Government refuses to give them now dead baddie Big Boss's DNA.
He smokes and like's being tough and saying "damn!". Looks cool, sounds cool, and I think he's a great character. One problem though, not enough gun selection.

Joanna Dark: Don't know much about her, but I know she looks more realistic than Lara Croft, more of a futuristic character than Snake, she can be stealthy and all out attacking if you know what I mean. Looks the best out of all of the characters graphics wise, (although it's 1st person view mode so you don't see her that much). She has the best selection of weapons (for some reason I love the K7 Avenger), and not a bad code name either. I don't know much else but from what I do know she's a great character, I prefer her to Lara Croft anyway.

Gabe Logan: He's off the Syphon Filter games. He walks funny, doesn't look bad graphically, but he has a g*y name and his voice gets annoying as well. Out of all Playstation shoot 'em up characters, he comes a quite close second to Snake. He's not the person you could really picture doing that kind of thing. He's got quite a good gun selection, and overall, not bad. Needs improving though, in my opinion.

Lara Croft: Looks unrealistic, has the most annoying controls ever, for example, here's what I say when I play a Tomb Raider game, "not there, over there!! JUMP FOR GOD'S SAKE!! I can't stop walking into walls! PLEASE!! JUST JUMP OVER TO THE OTHER LEGDE!ARRRGGGHHH!!!!" Sorry,but that's what I end up saying. She quite a good character mentally, tough and all, but can be annoying. She doesn't have a bad gun selection, but no where near as good as Joanna Dark's.

Anyway, there's what I think of them all, what do you think?? For the best, it would have to be between Joanna and Snake, in my opinion. Remember this is just my opinion, you may disagree with me.
Thanks for reading, Ant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.