GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Roster Split Wars-Who Is The Best?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/03/02 at 20:49
Regular
The title is a spin-off from the "example subject" SR gives you above the subject box, which reads "Console Wars-Who is the best?"

Okay, this topic is mainly for after RAW tonight, which starts at 10pm I believe. So, by midnight tonight, we should all know the first 10 superstars (aka main-eventers) for each roster. And if you're reading this then you obviously have the Internet (or some sort of special psychic power, one or the other), which means you can check the rest of the rosters on WWF.com.

This Split is more important to us than most people would think. Non-wrestling fans will not understand the boredom we went through watching the "Invasion" angle, or the frustration of watching the Cruiserweight/Light-Heavyweight Division turn into a joke. On a personal note, I have watched with anger and sadness as my favourites Too Cool were destroyed thanks to the firing of Grandmaster Sexay, and then Scotty being used as a "Metal main-eventer". Even with his supposed "push" with Albert, nothing has happened for him apart from the odd PPV appearance.

The Roster Split should mean a lot of things. We can hopefully have the CHOICE of watching backstage, plot-ruled action full of promos, weapons and main-eventers. Some people like that. Or, we can watch some top class wrestling, including the best Cruiserweights in the world as well as some excellent main-eventers. I personally know the last 20 for each roster, and I have to say the Smackdown show looks brilliant, because I much prefer the main-eventers chosen for that show than for RAW. Of course, it could be different for you.

Maybe this Split will mean returns for guys like Grandmaster Sexay, Eddie Guerrero, Essa Rios etc. But, this is relying on the WWF's ability to make this Split work. Can they do it? We'll see over the next few weeks.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Fri 29/03/02 at 20:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
The title is a spin-off from the "example subject" SR gives you above the subject box, which reads "Console Wars-Who is the best?"

Okay, this topic is mainly for after RAW tonight, which starts at 10pm I believe. So, by midnight tonight, we should all know the first 10 superstars (aka main-eventers) for each roster. And if you're reading this then you obviously have the Internet (or some sort of special psychic power, one or the other), which means you can check the rest of the rosters on WWF.com.

This Split is more important to us than most people would think. Non-wrestling fans will not understand the boredom we went through watching the "Invasion" angle, or the frustration of watching the Cruiserweight/Light-Heavyweight Division turn into a joke. On a personal note, I have watched with anger and sadness as my favourites Too Cool were destroyed thanks to the firing of Grandmaster Sexay, and then Scotty being used as a "Metal main-eventer". Even with his supposed "push" with Albert, nothing has happened for him apart from the odd PPV appearance.

The Roster Split should mean a lot of things. We can hopefully have the CHOICE of watching backstage, plot-ruled action full of promos, weapons and main-eventers. Some people like that. Or, we can watch some top class wrestling, including the best Cruiserweights in the world as well as some excellent main-eventers. I personally know the last 20 for each roster, and I have to say the Smackdown show looks brilliant, because I much prefer the main-eventers chosen for that show than for RAW. Of course, it could be different for you.

Maybe this Split will mean returns for guys like Grandmaster Sexay, Eddie Guerrero, Essa Rios etc. But, this is relying on the WWF's ability to make this Split work. Can they do it? We'll see over the next few weeks.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Fri 29/03/02 at 20:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
From what I've seen.

SmackDown looks better. I won't go on to say why as this topic has not been labeled spoiler, and I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but, by god, SmackDown looks like such a better line up of wrestlers.

Of course, Vince always would come out on top, as that's what he does.

AJ.
Fri 29/03/02 at 21:05
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Roster Split - I give it a month. A ppv, then its destruction.
Fri 29/03/02 at 21:47
Regular
"One More Chance"
Im not sure which I prefer, I mean Smackdown looks good but RVD is on Raw and I think he would of been better with the Cruiserweights. Either way I will probably watch both, but I hope Rhyno comes back soon, which division does everyone think he should go in? Raw or Smackdown?
Sat 30/03/02 at 09:19
Regular
"..."
The Cruiserweights will be just as neglected as they ever have been. X-Pac apparently hasn't bothered to bring his belt back with him and Tajiri wasn't even drafted. Nuff Said methinks.
Sat 30/03/02 at 10:02
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I thought he was in Smackdown. Anyway I hope Smackdown is the best as I only have Sky One. The Rock and Kurt Angle should make Smackdown great and Triple H will make appearaces as champion. However Stone Cold could be a deciding factor as Smackdown seems to have the main stars he's probably going to join Raw.

Was the draft the most boring bit of WWF television in ages because I can't see how it could have possibly been interesting to watch Ric Flair and Vince McMahon to call out 30 names each?
Sat 30/03/02 at 10:06
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
oeff the subject but hey ant ur #6 on the list of posters of all time congrats
Sat 30/03/02 at 10:16
Regular
"I like cheese"
Otacon wrote:
> oeff the subject but hey ant ur #6 on the list of posters of all time congrats

Thanks, but try alternating to the all-time word count. I'm top there. :D

Anyway, Congie, Tajiri was drafted, like everyone. They only picked the first 10 on RAW, the rest are on WWF.com. I'm about to do a topic on the Smackdown roster, so you can see there.
Sat 30/03/02 at 13:17
Regular
"..."
Ant wrote:
> Otacon wrote:
> oeff the subject but hey ant ur #6 on the list of posters of
> all time congrats

Thanks, but try alternating to the all-time word count. I'm
> top there. :D

Anyway, Congie, Tajiri was drafted, like everyone. They only
> picked the first 10 on RAW, the rest are on WWF.com. I'm about to do a topic on
> the Smackdown roster, so you can see there.

I know...I meant he wasn't drafted in the top 10. But Maven was when Vince was talking about getting all the champions. Point is they still obviously don't give a toss about the cruiserweights.

Bring back Jerry.
Sat 30/03/02 at 14:44
Regular
i think RAW will be better becuase i dont watch smackdown but i think that it wont last very long

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.