GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Violence in Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/03/02 at 19:06
Regular
Are game developers going too far with the amount of violence in games? It become clear to me that recent and past games have become very bloody. Does it make the game good to have a lot of blood and guts everywhere. I appreciate that in a shoot em up or even a wrestling game that blood does add a nice little touch to the game and that it makes it more realistic, but I think there is a limit.

Metal Gear Solid 2 for example. When you shoot people their blood goes onto the walls and so o, but that isn’t that bad. Its not encouraging you go out and do it. But games like Carmaggedon and State of Emergence have so much blood in its stupid. Carmaggendon is a rubbish game anyway, without it having an 18 certificate on it. Who would pay money for that.

And State of Emergency is all about rioting. It a pointless game to make and gives gamers about a hour of fun before they stop playing it, for good. (Sorry, if you have bought those two games but its true)

Games like that are pointless in making. I wouldn’t go out and pay £40 for a game about rioting. And before I hear you shout out what about games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Well, my answer to that is there isn’t any blood in those games. Those games are all about completing missions and saving people, whereas games like Carmageddon are just about killing people for the fun of it.

So, is there too much violence in games? I think it’s more of a case of the amount of blood in games. Lots of games have violence in but it the blood that is getting out of control.
Fri 29/03/02 at 19:06
Regular
Are game developers going too far with the amount of violence in games? It become clear to me that recent and past games have become very bloody. Does it make the game good to have a lot of blood and guts everywhere. I appreciate that in a shoot em up or even a wrestling game that blood does add a nice little touch to the game and that it makes it more realistic, but I think there is a limit.

Metal Gear Solid 2 for example. When you shoot people their blood goes onto the walls and so o, but that isn’t that bad. Its not encouraging you go out and do it. But games like Carmaggedon and State of Emergence have so much blood in its stupid. Carmaggendon is a rubbish game anyway, without it having an 18 certificate on it. Who would pay money for that.

And State of Emergency is all about rioting. It a pointless game to make and gives gamers about a hour of fun before they stop playing it, for good. (Sorry, if you have bought those two games but its true)

Games like that are pointless in making. I wouldn’t go out and pay £40 for a game about rioting. And before I hear you shout out what about games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Well, my answer to that is there isn’t any blood in those games. Those games are all about completing missions and saving people, whereas games like Carmageddon are just about killing people for the fun of it.

So, is there too much violence in games? I think it’s more of a case of the amount of blood in games. Lots of games have violence in but it the blood that is getting out of control.
Fri 29/03/02 at 19:14
State of emergency is well fun and lasts for ages because there is an entire section which is mission based and that has nearly twice as many missions as gta3! Plus, for you boring people who are actually bothered about blood in games many games now have a blood switch so you can tone it down so only a little blood comes out or none at all. Even that is very boring, some folk, like you apparently like it that way. Plus on some games, like silent scope you can change the colour of blood so it is less serious and is mores suitable for "children".So there.
Fri 29/03/02 at 19:27
actually Liquid Snake there is blood in Goldeneye but like you said its a nessesry part of the game
Fri 29/03/02 at 19:29
opps i meant to say its not a nessesry part of games
Fri 29/03/02 at 20:37
Regular
There 's blood in PD too
Fri 29/03/02 at 20:38
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Most games today are violent in some way.

Even Mario!
Fri 29/03/02 at 23:48
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I suppose its more realistic.
People LIKE blood and guts in todays games, it makes it more fun for some people.
I mean, if you were in a game and shot someone you'd should expect to seesome blood fly out.
I understand that some people like parents dont like to see this stuff and dont like thier kids seeing it all, especially if they are young, but in some games you have the option to turn the blood off.
If people really dont like it then i suppose they wouldnt buy the game in the first place but games like MGS2 and others with blood have sold pretty well.
The developers arent going TOO far but just going to the right extents to make it realistic e.g. The blood in MGS2.
Some games do go too far though and have blood flowing everywhere.
Peronally i dont mind it.
Sat 30/03/02 at 06:58
Regular
Yeah, I don't mind some violence but it gets stupis and unreleastic if there is too much

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.