GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Over priced games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/10/02 at 20:31
Regular
I hate it when I see possibly the best game ever and I go to by it but then it hits me: I NEED MOUNEY!!!! I don`t think that its nice to make people pay that mutch for games and I know that some of you think the same way!
Tue 22/10/02 at 20:31
Regular
"This planet sucks"
I hate it when I see possibly the best game ever and I go to by it but then it hits me: I NEED MOUNEY!!!! I don`t think that its nice to make people pay that mutch for games and I know that some of you think the same way!
Tue 22/10/02 at 20:47
yep i agree, i also hate it when i dont have enought mouney to buy one.

MOUNEY?????
Tue 22/10/02 at 20:47
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
uk- Rip off prices on games

go live in the USA. Please. You will fit right in.
Wed 23/10/02 at 09:18
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
35 Quid for a game is just too much. I used to be able to buy a game every other week, or at least one a month, but now, i'm 16, money is tight. It's just too much.
Wed 23/10/02 at 09:48
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
What makes it worse is now I actually have the funds to buy a lot more games then before .... trouble is, I don't have much interest in them anymore. Whereas before, I was all 'I want this this, that and this', but didn't have the cash for this, let alone this and that.

Cruel twist of fate.
Wed 23/10/02 at 10:08
cjh wrote:
> What makes it worse is now I actually have the funds to buy a lot more
> games then before .... trouble is, I don't have much interest in them
> anymore. Whereas before, I was all 'I want this this, that and this',
> but didn't have the cash for this, let alone this and that.
>
> Cruel twist of fate.

we always want what we cant have
Wed 23/10/02 at 10:21
Regular
"Festivus!"
T0R@X wrote:
> I hate it when I see possibly the best game ever and I go to by it but
> then it hits me: I NEED MOUNEY!!!!

You need MOUNEY? Most of us use money for games, but back onto the subject...

> I don`t think that its nice to make
> people pay that mutch for games and I know that some of you think the
> same way!

Why? Deveopers are people too, and they need to make some money to take home for the kids don't they? I don't care how much a game costs (as long as it isn't stupidly over priced in the £70 region) just as long as it enjoyable and lasts me long enough.

If games cost around £20, the quality would be lower because developers would have to sped less time on it to keep the labour costs down. High Prices = High Quality of Games.
Wed 23/10/02 at 10:53
Regular
No doubt games are too much. And on the run up to Christmas, there will be loads of games launched within a matter of a few weeks. Too many in a short space of time. Back in July/Aug, there were very few new games.
Wed 23/10/02 at 11:01
Regular
Tribute wrote:
>High Prices = High Quality of Games.

That's bollards.

Have you had a look at some of the games out there? Army Men. Tomb Raider 75, Gran Turismo 98 - all over hyped rubbish games - not worth £45.
Wed 23/10/02 at 11:04
Regular
"Festivus!"
Your Honour wrote:
> Tribute wrote:
> >High Prices = High Quality of Games.
>
>
> That's bollards.
>
> Have you had a look at some of the games out there? Army Men. Tomb
> Raider 75, Gran Turismo 98 - all over hyped rubbish games - not worth
> £45.

Yes, but if these had retailed at £20 they'd had been even worse because development time would have to be halved to make sure that the company still yeilded a profit from them. I know not every game out there is top quality and most of the aren't. That is all I am saying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.