GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"when i was 10........"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/03/02 at 14:44
Regular
i always used to play on sonic in arcades and it was one of the best games i think, but i had a snes so i couldn`t buy it. nearly 6 years on and id almost forgot about it then the news of it coming to gameboy advance. and it looks brilliant. if all the games sega make on nintendo systems are that good then i`m sorry for every bad thing i said about sega. in my thinking seg should join nintendo as a joint company (after all sega known the longest and should stick together) i just hope sonic and mario (or luigi)are playable in the same game amazing. What games would u guys like to see on the GC and GBA from sega.

also this forum rocks way better than the sony one. at last nintendo beat them at something (not including the GC and GBA).
Sat 30/03/02 at 08:08
Regular
That's okay - looks like its only me and you on here...
Sat 30/03/02 at 08:07
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Sorry about the Double post !
Sat 30/03/02 at 08:06
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
What about Donker Kong Country 3, this was one of the last games on the SNES but the graphics were amazing and the game was ace. Not a straight port of it (it was released on GB) but using those amazing graphics and making a whole new game for GBA !!!!
Sat 30/03/02 at 08:06
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
What about Donker Kong Country 3, this was one of the last games on the SNES but the graphics were amazing and the game was ace. Not a straight port of it (it was released on GB) but using those amazing graphics and maaking a whole new game for GBA !!!!
Sat 30/03/02 at 07:56
Regular
I do. I think a lot of SNES and Mega Drive games could be ported into GBA
Sat 30/03/02 at 07:55
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I don't know if this was made by Sega but does anyone remember Streets of Rage series (their were 3) on the Mega Drive. I used to love this especialy number 2, these could easily make a come back to the GBA, what do you lot think ?
Fri 29/03/02 at 23:04
Regular
Well I've always been a fan of Sega and Nintendo, though I rarely had the opportunity to play anything more than OutRun on the ZX Spectrum in the past when it came to playing Sega's games, whilst having many goes on Nintendo's consoles.

Sadly, I have to admit that around two years ago, my love of Sega started to drift, and I swore I would never get a Dreamcast, hating the controllers distinctive feel, and disliking the Sonic Adventure game I had played at Disney's Epcot Center in Florida.

(Note: When I played the Dreamcast in Epcot Center, Sega had along ago announced that things were to slow up for the Dreamcast, and was unofficially considered as obsolete. However, Disney's Epcot Center had it under their "innovations" section full of brand new and future technologies.)

Anyway, after playing on Mark's (Darkmark to you guys) MegaDrive, first time I played one for years, and later his Dreamcast, my love of Sega grew to what it once was. I now have a Dreamcast with many games, and also have all the current GBA titles by Sega (both of them that is :) ).

So what would I like to see on the GameCube and Game Boy Advance by Sega?

Well, as Mark pointed out it would be great seeing all the classic Sonic games on the Game Boy Advance, especially the MegaDrive versions which I love playing. But there are tohers I would like to see:

OutRun I would like to see remade for both Game Boy Advance and GameCube. Although it's very 1980's in style, OutRun was a brilliant racer which changed the way many racing games were created. You could take multiple routes and had a large choice of tracks, though some a little short. It was a brilliant racer, and the arcade version was way ahead of it's time. So, for the GameCube, it'd be great to be able to relive those moments of gaming ecstasy in 3D, and on the Game Boy Advance, be able to play four-players simulataneously with the link-cable and one cart in the classic style.

It would also be nice to have a more modern game taken over to the GameCube. Jet Set Radio Future is out on the X-box, and it'd be great to have it released for us 'Cube fans! Those zany tunes and the kick-ass cel-shaded look would be brilliant on the GameCube and would probably be a good aid in helping the cel-shaded Zelda fit in when that's released in the future.

There's probably loads more games I'd like to see on the GameCube and Game Boy ADvance by Sega, there are just so many decent titles by Sega's true rival company that as long as more games are ported or based on the original Sega-console version, then Sega will definately stay in business, and Nintendo customers like me will still be happy for a very long time.
Fri 29/03/02 at 22:52
Regular
Had Mario advance 2 on import for quite a while now, and it is much better than Sonic advance.
Fri 29/03/02 at 22:43
Regular
"Remember me?"
I agree with you, BIGMAN. Sonic Advance is indeed one of the best GBA games out at the moment.

Having been a SEGA fan long before I was into anything Nintendo related, there are a lot of SEGA's Mega Drive, and also Game Gear, games that I'd like to see converted to the GBA.

Mega Drive games:

- A Sonic compilation of Mega Drive games -
Including Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog: Spinball, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island. I can't see the GBA having problems handling these. It would also be cool if this included Knuckles' Chaotix from the Mega Drive 32X.

- Eternal Champions -
This was a Mortal Kombat style game on the Mega Drive, and in my opinion it was far more fun to play than Midway's game. Admittedly it only had 9 different characters and arenas, but as beat-em-ups go, it was great.

- Comix Zone -
Now this was a great game! Taking control of Sketch Turner and his pet rat, Roadkill, you had to make your way through a bizarre world...which actually existed within the pages of a comic of your own creation. This game mixed beat-em-up action, puzzle solving and platform elements and as well as being a really fun game to play....it was also bloody 'ard!

Game Gear Games:

- Sonic Drift -
These were blatant Mario Kart rip-offs, but fun all the same. The first Sonic Drift game never made it outside of Japan, but Sonic Drift 2 was one hell of a game, featuring the majority of the Sonic cast: Sonic, Tails, Amy, Metal Sonic, Robotnik etc (at that time, Knuckles hadn't actually been released to the public).

- A Sonic compilation of Game Gear games -
Including the Game Gear versions of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog: Spinball and Sonic the Hedgehog: Chaos, (all of which also appeared on the Master System) and Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble. Although these games were a lot slower than the Mega Drive games in comparison, they were just as much fun.

These are the games that I'd most like to see appearing on the GBA.
Fri 29/03/02 at 14:50
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Boz, if you have n't been on the Nintendo forum before then welcome. In regards to Sonic Advance it is the best game on the GBA (although will probably be beaten by Super Mario Advance 2) at the moment. It brings back fond memories of the Mega Drive and Sonic 1,2 and 3.

In regards to new Sega games on Gamecube I think they should do the right thing and bring Shenmue to Gamecube (is Shenmue made by Sega, correct me if i'm wrong), i've never played but it's spose to be wicked. They could also bring out Sega Rally !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.